babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Car Would Not Start Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At present, I am stuck at home as my 10 month old car would not start.

I called out the LR service team at 11am only to be told they cannot attend until about 3.30pm. ( I live 20 mins from Glasgow city centre, not in the wilds).

I am really disapointed, both in the quality of the car and the recovery service.

In the past month, the car has flashed 'gearbox fault' and 'traction control not operational' (or similar)

Not happy, a lost day

ps they have since offered to send out the AA, but somehow I would feel hapier with the TR technician attending
I've had all those errors, it sounds like the Body Control Module (CJB) has lost contact with the other thing (OBC).

Hopefully they can fix it on your drive.
Makes me wonder just how long you'd have to wait if you broke down far out in the countryside rather than Glasgow suburbs. I think I'd compromise with the AA after so long. At least if they can't fix it they can fix you up with loan car. Good luck!
(19-11-2012 03:44pm)IKM Wrote: [ -> ]Makes me wonder just how long you'd have to wait if you broke down far out in the countryside rather than Glasgow suburbs. I think I'd compromise with the AA after so long. At least if they can't fix it they can fix you up with loan car. Good luck!

LR service arrived at 4.45pm. (what a waste of a day)

Alternator was only puting out 50% of charge that it should have. He asures me it will be OK in the morning as he has reset it.
Ummm if you had looked outside you might have noticed that there are huge floods, landslides, trees down etc etc even in the centre of Glasgow. It's been horrific out here north of the city and certainly on my drive to Stirling this morning I miust have passed 6 or 7 RAC/AA/Greenflag vans tending cars that looked like they had ploughed on into deep water rather than launching themselves in slowly........ busy busy day for them out in the sticks north of the city.
Reference URL's