babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: sat nav/stereo dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all,

strange thing today - reversing camera is working fine but the sat nav/stereo is all frozen. touch screen makes a noise but does not respond

hoping it doesnt need a dealer visit and can be reset somehow or has gone into an odd mode. doesnt seem to be in valet mode tho

any thoughts?

thks
No not Valet mode... sounds like a trip to the dealer is required, unless the magic turn it all off and on again does the trick!
Disconnect the Battery and then reconnect. System will reboot its self and problem solved. Had this problem on a loaner.
(14-11-2012 09:28pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Disconnect the Battery and then reconnect. System will reboot its self and problem solved. Had this problem on a loaner.

thanks will try - does that set the tracker off?
If you have a tracker then it should have it's own power too. Give the control centre a phone and tell them just in case though, they were great when they needed to do a software update but my car hadn't moved for 3 months!
turned out to be the battery regulator. reset apparently - all seems fine now.

so if your sat nav/stereo dies it could be a low voltage issue followed by a completely dead car and the tracker going off at 3am

thanks all for help - i would have tried disconnecting the battery but by the time i got to the car next morning it was already dead
Reference URL's