babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Ouch - severe puncture!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While driving to work the other day I thought the steering was feeling a little peculiar and sure enough when I stopped for petrol I spotted the rear nearside tyre was looking very sorry. Upon closer inspection I spotted the head of a metal bolt or screw of some sort sat in the middle of one of the big treads. Popped the spare on and the next day I took it along to kwik fit (didn't think to call out Land Rover Assist at the time) to see if it could be repaired. Unfortunately not only was there this huge metal bolt stuck in the tyre (no idea how it managed to get in there considering how blunt the end was, or where I would have picked it up from), but there was also a pretty big tear in the tread close by that was already having a visible effect on the inside of the tyre so the kwik fit guy wasn't happy to repair it (they didn't have any suitable tyres in stock anyway so I doubted he was just saying it to try and flog a tyre). You can see the bolt protruding through in the picture (that's about 30cm of length), along with the tear area close to it that hadn't punctured through yet but was looking fairly suspect.

[Image: 84D344C7-7128-4FA1-93A0-939FE119DF96-822...538342.jpg]

Looks like it's going to have to be a new tyre, though I had been thinking of getting a second set of wheels with winter tyres on anyway (as the Michelin Latitude Sports are summer rather than all season). Seems a bit daft shelling out for a new summer tyre at this time of year!
Looks nasty.
tyres here http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-For-Sale-...Snow-Tyres
The Tyre Courier costs about £80 to get them from one end of the country to the other, a bit more if they have wheels attached. There is also a sponsor company on RRSport.co.uk / Disco3.co.uk and FullFatRR.com who do special rates for forum members
Reference URL's