babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Does your rear window steam up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Annoying

The air recyle button is off !
If you run the car with the climate control on then it won't steam up as there is a dehumidifier built into the system. Not running the aircon, even in winter (when you can have hot air con), is a false economy. Not only do you run the risk of the system seizing up and loosing the gas if you don't run it for at least 10 minutes a month on really cold air supply to the cabin which keeps the compressor lubricated, the various ECU's and things like the audio, satnav and various electric things start to suffer from the same "steaming up" as your rear screen. Modern aircon systems don't sap power and increase fuel consumption anywhere near as much as the old systems used to, just run it at 23/24 instead of 20-21 if you want to stay warm. What is the point of paying for climate control if you aren't going to use it?
""Does your rear window steam up?""

Not been lucky enough lately to find out lol....Shocked Embarrassed
(07-11-2012 11:24pm)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]""Does your rear window steam up?""

Not been lucky enough lately to find out lol....Shocked Embarrassed

Those were the days Wink

Nope, assuming you mean on the inside, my Mazda did this from day 1, not had it on the Evoque.
(07-11-2012 11:06pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]If you run the car with the climate control on then it won't steam up as there is a dehumidifier built into the system. Not running the aircon, even in winter (when you can have hot air con), is a false economy. Not only do you run the risk of the system seizing up and loosing the gas if you don't run it for at least 10 minutes a month on really cold air supply to the cabin which keeps the compressor lubricated, the various ECU's and things like the audio, satnav and various electric things start to suffer from the same "steaming up" as your rear screen. Modern aircon systems don't sap power and increase fuel consumption anywhere near as much as the old systems used to, just run it at 23/24 instead of 20-21 if you want to stay warm. What is the point of paying for climate control if you aren't going to use it?

+1

Never turn mine off, particularly in the winter, unless it's a nice day and I have the windows open in which case having the aircon on is absolutely pointless and counter productive.

Winter demisting is always faster with it on anyway and as Tim mentioned, the economy hit is minimal on the modern systems fitted these days - I doubt you could even measure it.
My windscreen is filthy inside again & steams up too easy.

I will get it cleaned again this weekend,

can anyone recommend a good window cleaner for inside ?
Gtechniq G-wash, or I was recommended to use my Snow-Foam mix diluted, worked a treat!
(07-11-2012 11:06pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]If you run the car with the climate control on then it won't steam up as there is a dehumidifier built into the system. Not running the aircon, even in winter (when you can have hot air con), is a false economy. Not only do you run the risk of the system seizing up and loosing the gas if you don't run it for at least 10 minutes a month on really cold air supply to the cabin which keeps the compressor lubricated, the various ECU's and things like the audio, satnav and various electric things start to suffer from the same "steaming up" as your rear screen. Modern aircon systems don't sap power and increase fuel consumption anywhere near as much as the old systems used to, just run it at 23/24 instead of 20-21 if you want to stay warm. What is the point of paying for climate control if you aren't going to use it?

Ill give it a go . Cheers
Reference URL's