babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: A few niggles....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Picked my car up today and just a few niggles so far, some of which i'll be wanting the dealer to resolve.

The rubber trim around the outside of the passenger door is out of line.

The car vibrates at higher speeds, like the wheels haven't been balanced properly

When I get out after driving for a while, the back of the car smells like burning oil.

And two very minor:
Really annoying that the rear passenger seat belts rattle against the plastic
The drivers mat doesn't go all the way under the pedals - very poor design

Took me a while to get the keyless entry to double lock from the door on exit, but got it sussed now. Pleased that the Eco/stop automatically switches off in dynamic mode.

Pleased with it so far with the handling and style. And delighted that it fits in my garage!
Yep build quality is really poor on such an expensive car.
Misfit,

Get the vibration issue looked at straight away, hopefully it's just wheel balancing, because some owners have some serious steering issues.

The burning oil, could be the DPF kicking in.

Rear seat belts, mine are always clicked into the latch.

Wish I had a garage big enough for mine.

Mats are a joke, plenty of members on here has sourced different mats.
(07-11-2012 11:06pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]Misfit,

Get the vibration issue looked at straight away, hopefully it's just wheel balancing, because some owners have some serious steering issues.

The burning oil, could be the DPF kicking in.

Rear seat belts, mine are always clicked into the latch.

Wish I had a garage big enough for mine.

Mats are a joke, plenty of members on here has sourced different mats.

Can let me know what you would suggest for the mats? If you can provide links that would be great help!

Thanks Very Happy
Agree, oil smell could be the DPF, I thought the thing was on fire the first time it happened to me, and happens more regularly than you realise, the rest sounds like it needs looking at, hopefully just wheel balancing but dont leave it as you can damage tyres if bad enough.
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Aftermark...light=mats
Re the rear seatbelt buckles, I have stuck some black foam pads to the plastic. Job done.
Niggles indeed, so as most know they built my car without a Lux pack... so I am using the current one and now have a new date off the line is 3rd of December... that said hugely disappointed with the build quality;

Passengers door handle mood light led - NOT worked since day 1
2 out 3 aux power supplies not worked since day 1
Annoying rattle somewhere in rear quarter behind drivers seat
and now 2 screws/clips missing from the black under tray thingy!!

Rubbish
Evil
Wokka, that rattle in the rear quarter panel is well known - it infuriated Autocar magazine so much that they took off the panel themselves and found it was a loose speaker cable. LR appears to have done nothing about it for 2013MY.
I raised it at the Unleashed event at Gleneagles where every car I drove had the same rattle but again nobody in LR seems to have taken one iota of interest.
Reference URL's