babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Heated Seats not switching off?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Interesting thread has come up on FullFatRR.com about seat heaters failing (OK, these are not new cars!), how ever if your seat heater doesn't switch off in years to come be warned that it will require a whole new seat............ and possibly burned tender bits!
http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic14535.html

On a different heated topic - I noticed yesterday that my wing mirrors didn't clear when covered with condensation/ thawed out frost............... I'm sure they are supposed to be heated? Can any confirm heated or not please.
Mines heated.
Can't you cut some wires... that'll turn them off...

Re mirrors, Hmmm didn't notice as they were'nt frosted, but my passenger side mirror stuck in this morning with ice!
(06-11-2012 02:42pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]On a different heated topic - I noticed yesterday that my wing mirrors didn't clear when covered with condensation/ thawed out frost............... I'm sure they are supposed to be heated? Can any confirm heated or not please.

I've had several cars which supposedly had heated wing mirrors, but I've never seen any real evidence that's convinced me they actually work!
They are heated, i think they might come on when you put the rear window heater on, thats when i have seen mine work anyway.
I've noticed the same on mine - the mirrors aren't getting warm. They're either not heated or it's do the Evoque's electrical gremlins (battery warning, heated steering wheel not working etc).
(06-11-2012 02:42pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting thread has come up on FullFatRR.com about seat heaters failing (OK, these are not new cars!), how ever if your seat heater doesn't switch off in years to come be warned that it will require a whole new seat............ and possibly burned tender bits!
http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic14535.html

On a different heated topic - I noticed yesterday that my wing mirrors didn't clear when covered with condensation/ thawed out frost............... I'm sure they are supposed to be heated? Can any confirm heated or not please.

From the manual : "the rear view door mirror heaters operate automatically according to external temperature and windscreen wiper operation" ... Apparently! The odd few times the door mirrors have frosted over I have noticed that it soon cleared after starting the engine. Now whether that was from the supposed heaters working or the mirrors jut clearing by itself I've no idea. I'd like to think its the heater working though.
(06-11-2012 03:29pm)Teetree Wrote: [ -> ]From the manual : "the rear view door mirror heaters operate automatically according to external temperature and windscreen wiper operation"

Why link it with "windscreen wiper operation". When it's cold and icy you don't often use the wipers, likewise if it's linked in with the rear screen heater Banging Head It should be linked to outside temp like on other cars i've had.
Could it be that the sensor for the wiper is used to sense the humidity and thus if heat is needed on the the mirrors? Another thing is - when we have really cold mornings here, because the sun shines on my rear screen I don't use the rear screen heater to defrost it, only the front. So that may be why no wing mirror heaters..........
I've just watched Richard Hammond's new program on how animals have contributed to technology (it's in the iPlayer) and one of the things he showed was Hydryophobics. This a is British invention from Abingdon and makes any surface water disperse water (it isn't water proof) using a very clever system developed from the wings of a Central American rain forest butterfly's wing surfaces......... bear with me! He had an iPhone completely treated (ie every component was removed and treated, well that was the implication) and even when he dropped the phone down a toilet it still worked. Now, one of the new technologies on the new L405 FFRR is listed as hydrophobic glass on the side glasses. I think we may already have it on the Evoque as my side windows NEVER have any water "stuck" to them, it just beads off unless it is frozen.............. and I thought it was the Gard-X treatment I had done.
my mirrors are definately heated - I had a little 'frozen' patch where the BSM symbol lights up! lol
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's