babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: any pics of santorini or firenze with silver roof? can't decide!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nearly made a decision but caught a glimpse of a firenze/silver combo today and now can't seem to find a picture of this anywhere! Mrs likes sound of the santorini/silver aswell! Help needed!
Since being interested in the Evoque my build was always Firenze Red/Silver contrast roof, my dealer said nah! said I should go for Black contrast which I think is too dull, anyway I think the silver would look awesome as it would pick out the silver detailing, especially with the dynamic, over at Evoque Owners Club, there was a member who said he changed his mind because he saw Firenze/Silver and it looked really smart, I am having colour issues now but if I go for Firenze, it's definitely getting a silver contrast roof, would love to see pics too. Btw Firenze/white looks like a rolling bowl of strawberries and cream, seen one!
I would steer very clear of a silver - or white for that matter - contrasting roof.
Red/silver looks very odd, saw one at Gaydon on launch day. Firenze with white contrast looks a lot more attractive. Better to go all Firenze and the do a roof wrap in silver, then if you don't like it you can change the wrap to white or black. Possibly cheaper at the end of the day too. Speccing a silver roof might also have a bad effect on residuals when you come to sell
Drove behind Firenze/Silver just yesterday, thought it looked really good. As Didi suggest it did pick up the silver detailing in the bumpers really well. There's loads of Firenze/White one's around here (a lot of the early dealer demo's) and they all look quite silly tbh. I'd personally go for black roof but if that's not what you are after then the Silver is a good option.
When we were coming back from a trip down to Somerset on the M5, a Black Evoque overtook us with a Silver Contrast Roof, looked OK to me, clearly it also makes it go faster. Laughing Wink
I like it the other way round, Indus silver with santorini roof.

[Image: 470ced90903b69abc65fcc5ef71a8901.jpg]

There is a red with silver roof not far from where I live, IMO it's not the best combo, the red looks better with the black roof.

Another combo I like, others will cringe, is Baltic blue with white roof and the white accessory alloys.
(17-12-2012 06:02am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Red/silver looks very odd, saw one at Gaydon on launch day. Firenze with white contrast looks a lot more attractive. Better to go all Firenze and the do a roof wrap in silver, then if you don't like it you can change the wrap to white or black. Possibly cheaper at the end of the day too. Speccing a silver roof might also have a bad effect on residuals when you come to sell

+1 - go with the body coloured roof and you can have the roof wrapped in any colour of your choice for half the cost of the factory option and its reversible too!
Order now placed and changed mind to Orkney with pano roof! Might consider wrapping around pano but will have to wait and see.
I have a Firenze with a Firenze roof because I didn't want to pay out the £500 for the silly bit left to paint after the Pano roof was taken into consideration however I would have liked it & if I hadn't had the black roof rails I would have gone for the Santorini roof but the roof rails wouldn't satand out had I done it.
The white looks wrong with the Red body.
I am thinking of buying another Evoque (seeling mine first!) & I may go for a Santorini with silver roof. I saw one in London recently & thought it looked very smart.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's