babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Does the dynamic come with 8-inch screen if sat nav isn't optioned?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Folks on a tight budget or trying not to pay a lot of luxury tax would be looking to buy them.
I would go for a different vehicle its seems mad to me when you think of the overall cost of the RRE to miss that out...
(07-11-2012 08:20am)Ian s Wrote: [ -> ]I would go for a different vehicle its seems mad to me when you think of the overall cost of the RRE to miss that out...

But some would say it seems mad to pay £1000 for an option you can buy for less than £100.

I guess some people will always prefer to use a TomTom or such in preference to a built-in system where you're often paying 5 times as much for something which isn't even as good as a TomTom. Though me, I prefer everything built-in, even if it means a bit of a compromise on how good it is (and how much more it costs!)
The problem of not speccing something like satnav on a Range Rover is that when it comes time to sell it in 3 or 5 or 10 years time buyers will be looking for that kit to be on the car as it is perceived to be a "must have" on a luxury brand model - it's like leather and metallic paint. It isn't kerb appeal during your ownership that matters, when it comes to selling it you will be reducing the appeal of your car. TBH if I were speccing a Fiat 500 or a Defender I wouldn't consider satnav (it isn't an option on a Defender anyway!) If I were looking for a BMW 3 series or 5 series I would immediately rule out any version without their built in system as I consider a car in that price range should have a navigation system.
(07-11-2012 11:58am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]The problem of not speccing something like satnav on a Range Rover is that when it comes time to sell it in 3 or 5 or 10 years time buyers will be looking for that kit to be on the car as it is perceived to be a "must have" on a luxury brand model - it's like leather and metallic paint. It isn't kerb appeal during your ownership that matters, when it comes to selling it you will be reducing the appeal of your car. TBH if I were speccing a Fiat 500 or a Defender I wouldn't consider satnav (it isn't an option on a Defender anyway!) If I were looking for a BMW 3 series or 5 series I would immediately rule out any version without their built in system as I consider a car in that price range should have a navigation system.

Great points fullfat. I agree, I hated the idea on spending so much money on the car and then having to stick a cheap GPS to the windscreen. Yes it's an enormously overpriced option and yes my old Garmin had better some functions, but I love have everything neat and built in. Definitely worth the money for me.
Can't argue with none of that..All fair points it seems crazy to me if your buying a luxury vehicle to start taking the luxury out of it..thats the reason your buying it in the first place....you will get away with different engines 4 wheel or 2 wheel drive but for me interiors have to be top spec...
I don't have sat nav on mine, and I never will, unless it's standard, then I have no choice. Be it a Range Rover or a Kia I'm not fussed if it doesn't have it, I spec a car the way I like it, not for the next owner.
I don't do a lot of miles that require the use of sat nav (almost a year old and just broke 3,500mls). Those that travel a lot for work etc will benefit from it but I manage fine the old fashioned way.

Sorry for the two posts hit new reply rather than edit.
Like everything Sat Nav has a time and place, I like it when I'm on my own, it's dark/wet, i'm into new roads I don't know and I have to get somewhere specific. It's a great tool... but don't let yourself become the tool that can't read a map or have any natural sense of direction.
I don't have the satnav, I have a company car, and I couldn't justify almost 3000€ for a satnav. I was in the end of my budget.
But I agree it's nicer to have it build in. I'm using a tomtom from the top segment now.... works fine, but the wires bother me.

But i have the bigger screen, the small one was so hidious, also an expensive option in Europe...
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's