babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Cheapest part of your Evoque?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Had the car for 3 months or so now, and just wondering what people think is the most obvious cheap bit from their evoque?

For me, its the cancel paddle for the cruise control
followed by the electric window switches
Rear parcel shelf and painted tailgate interior bits! I know, I know, not perhaps obvious to most but I really think it is a poor solution when it can easily be misaligned and then rub against the dark grey paint and take it off! Also damaging the rubber seal in the process...

This would be my biggest gripe with the car really and I wish they had put more thought into it and provided a similar system as per the rest of the range. The glovebox is a tad cheap plasticky too but not too bad.
Haven't noticed the parcel shelf, will have to check that! Agree, the glovebox is a bit cheap too. My previous car (BMW) had a nice soft opening one which felt much better quality, but was about 25% of the size!
(02-11-2012 08:52pm)wavey.dave Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't noticed the parcel shelf, will have to check that! Agree, the glovebox is a bit cheap too. My previous car (BMW) had a nice soft opening one which felt much better quality, but was about 25% of the size!

+1
(02-11-2012 09:00pm)xxxx5 Wrote: [ -> ]+1

+2
Surely its got to be that piece of plastic stamped Volvo, somewhere in the rear seat armrest, I think Top Gear found it.
Most of het plastics in the interior (glove box cover, side walls of the center tunnel, black plastic on the top of the center tunnel feel so thin and brittle). These plastic tend to make cracking noises when pressed not giving a sense of quaility, like a toy that might brake anytime.
Some outside plastics as well, like reaer view mirror sqeak if pressed....

I would xpect more of a 50k EUR car...
The gloss black glass trim around drivers door think its the b pillar trim just noticed yesterday mine has a crack in it Sad having it replaced on the 17th.
The wife (joke!)
The transmitter box for the Whitefire headphones - I cannot understand why it needs to be so prominent or so large.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's