babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 13 reg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi everyone

Still relatively in it's infancy, the RRE appears to be holding it's value well - with lead times longer than most, used prices remain high as there will always be someone who doesn't want to wait!

Undoubtedly, as time goes on, residuals will begin to fall but what do people think will happen to residuals of "13" reg cars. To me, it's just another number but when you come to trade one in, are Dealer's going to try it on and say it's worth less than a February 62 plate?

I'm thinking of ordering quite soon and I know that based on what I read from others, a 5 month lead time appears to be the norm so a new order now will be pretty close to 1st March. Normally if the car was ready on 20th February you'd wait for a new reg for residuals - is this reg going to be the exception??

Cheers
You can always put a private plate on it, they start at £280 from the DVLA website, then nobody will know if it is a 13 plate car! Doubt there will be much
difference in residual for the actual car as the only differences between 2013MY and 2012MY are a badge on the front grille, some interior trim options for the Dynamic and the loss of the areofilp spoiler from the Dynamic to the extra cost options list. 2014MY will start rolling down the line after the LR summer break in July
exactly, the Mrs has a private plate - it'd be her car it was more for residuals when selling on - dealer's don't need much of a reason to try and knock a few quid off a trade in
I personally would not want a 13 reg car. In fact when I boght cars with the prefix numbers I allways said to the salesman please make sure the numers do not add up to 13 - i.e A 283 ABC.
(02-11-2012 12:31pm)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]I personally would not want a 13 reg car. In fact when I boght cars with the prefix numbers I allways said to the salesman please make sure the numers do not add up to 13 - i.e A 283 ABC.

Laughing I got a hire car in Las Vegas once and the reg was ..666.. the hire car attendant went into considerable shock when I pointed it out after he'd brought it round to the collection point, and then got it changed so I got a great upgrade for free just because I pointed out the number plate Smile
(02-11-2012 01:03pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]Laughing I got a hire car in Las Vegas once and the reg was ..666.. the hire car attendant went into considerable shock when I pointed it out after he'd brought it round to the collection point, and then got it changed so I got a great upgrade for free just because I pointed out the number plate Smile

Excellent....
666 is the most commonly accepted number of the beast, but a recently found early copy of the new testament depicts the number as 616.

Personally I don't have a problem with 666, 13 etc, but would be interesting to see if new car sales suffer.

Lot of rubbish IMHO
J77, +1, load of tosh. My house is openly numbered as 13 and I have a 13 number plate - I've lived in the house for nigh on 30 years and owned the number plate since 2001 and nothing untoward has happened (yet!). I once had the number-plate G666 GGG on an MG Maestro too, was a good luck number as I sold that plate for £4000 when it had come for free on the car
My Dynamic is on R13 $$$ and so far all is well, apart from the crap build quality that is.
I have the number 13 on my cherished plate, as my middle initial is B.

I'm happy with this.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's