babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: A Touch of Class.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just seen the new LR Freelander advert on TV, the one where the woman gets into the car with a storm brewing outside.

I have to admit that the facia with the analogue clock looked really smart, kinda of like an analogue clock in my Evoque.
Interesting as that was also one of the 2010MY changes for the RRS, too many compalints from owners that they wanted an analogue clock - so they have both now
You can display one on your screen saver
Oddly enough, the first thing my 13 year old daughter asked when I mentioned that I was replacing the Evoque with a Range Rover Sport was: "does it have the clock in the middle like the Discovery had?"

For some reason even she liked it and felt it added a touch of class. I'm not too fussed either way really.
My son on the other hand was more interested in the fact that it will have rear seat heating and a cooler box in the console!
(01-11-2012 06:16pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting as that was also one of the 2010MY changes for the RRS, too many compalints from owners that they wanted an analogue clock - so they have both now

And we all thaught tradition had gone digital!! I like the analoge clock tbh.
After 9 months with my Evoque, I honestly believe the Freelander 2 is the better car, I had a 08my TD4 and a 11my SD4 and both felt a lot more solid and with more individual options. Going to keep the Evoque until the new Freelander arrives.
It is a proven fact that analogue instruments are much faster read than digital, that's one reason why aircraft still have conventional shaped dials even though they are TFT type. It's much much quicker to realise something is out of normal parameters with a "clock" rather than digital/ numeric readout
(01-11-2012 06:16pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting as that was also one of the 2010MY changes for the RRS, too many compalints from owners that they wanted an analogue clock - so they have both now

I must admit the RRS loaner I have at the moment has the analogue clock in and its really rather nice - 25mpg isn't quite so grand though...
(02-11-2012 01:29pm)J77 Wrote: [ -> ]After 9 months with my Evoque, I honestly believe the Freelander 2 is the better car, I had a 08my TD4 and a 11my SD4 and both felt a lot more solid and with more individual options. Going to keep the Evoque until the new Freelander arrives.
But will the new Freelander still be so solid, or kitted out like an Evoque?
Must admit that I have been thinking about a run-out Freelander2 as a possible Evoque replacement in 2014.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's