babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Setting in the Rain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What would be the best setting to use while driving in the rain?
( & for light snow showers that mixes with rain? )
On tarmac use standard driving mode.
+1
side lights and windscreen wipers...LaughingLaughingLaughing
Not if you have auto on wipers on............... four rapid sweeps of wipers and the head/tail lights come on automatically!
(01-11-2012 10:47pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Not if you have auto on wipers on............... four rapid sweeps of wipers and the head/tail lights come on automatically!

now you have gone and confused the issue...Very Happy
When I did my landrover experience the instructor said when ever it was raining or there was a lot of standing water I should use the snow mode ( the one next to standard) as it give the car more stability.
(02-11-2012 08:40pm)Bessiebella Wrote: [ -> ]When I did my landrover experience the instructor said when ever it was raining or there was a lot of standing water I should use the snow mode ( the one next to standard) as it give the car more stability.

....is the correct answer.
So you'd put it in grass/gravel/snow mode for driving in the rain on a motorway at 70mph...

Twisty, Treacherous country back roads in heavy rain with leaves, puddles and a slippy surface, then Yes.

But I've never needed 4wd in the rain let alone Snow mode for extra stability, standard Diff stability control on most cars (incl Evoque) is all you need, and if you need it... try slowing down before you kill someone.
You are driving in the right sort of rain Phil......................
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's