babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Contrast Roof - Body Wrapping?!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I've ordered an Orkney Grey Dynamic coupe with panoramic roof.

One of the items which I struggled to decide on was the roof colour.

Quite liked the black contrast roof, however at £500 for a bit of black paint round the edges this seemed rather extortionate!!

Anybody here had any experience of body wrapping?

Just wondered whether or not it would be feasible to have the 'outer' parts of the roof 'wrapped' in black?

Any ideas of where to get it done, costs etc.?

Cheers, Chris.
Search in Google, there are quite a few companies now in the UK that do wraps.Here's one I googled http://www.totally-dynamic.co.uk/
Anybody for a chrome/mirror finished Evoque?
Its very feasable and with such demand, the quality of wraps has improved dramatically. I highly recommend a chap called Yianni (google yiannimize). He does the wraps and other mods for a lot of footballers and celebs. I know him personally and he's a really good guy.

I'm considering a black gloss wrap on the parts behind and in front of the pano roof but retaining the outer edges in white. It creates the effect that the windscreen and roof are one piece. If you've seen an Eclass coupe in white with pano roof you'll know what I mean. It looks stunning.
I've got a bit experience in wraps but to be honest for the roof unless you plan to put it back to std Id just get it painted yourself
I was considering getting the car wrapped in red when Firenze wasn't available but don't need to now as it is.
(02-08-2011 09:41am)x5pea Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a bit experience in wraps but to be honest for the roof unless you plan to put it back to std Id just get it painted yourself

I'm hoping that I'll be happy with it just in grey, ie. no contrast roof. Just requested an estimate from a wrappping company.... will see what they come back with. If not, having it sprayed may be another other option. Any idea of costs? Surely got to be cheaper than land rovers £500?!!
The great thing with the wrap is that if you get bored with it or think it isn't right you can just rip it off and wasting a couple of hundred notes ......... spraying is a bit permanent! In my link above I see that that company has an outlet not far from me, might take a run down there to see if they can do me a Cosworth Blue quote! http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/260827...worth.html
Reference URL's