babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Heated steering wheel problem?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Morning Guys,

I tend to use my heated steering wheel more often than most I would guess. I am a generally cold creature and I prefer to have my heated seat and steering wheel on and have the air in the car slightly cooler.....

Anyhow, over the weekend my heated steering wheel stopped working, stone cold. I tried it half a dozen times on different trips but nothing. I was fully expecting to put a call into my dealer today but strangely it has started working again?!

Anyone else experienced this problem? Also on the same topic, is the heated wheel supposed to cut out after a certain amount of time as mine does not?!

Thanks.

Ali.
I noticed the other day that mine never switches itself off as well. I thought they were on a timer as well as a thermostat
Since LR assistance had to come out and resolve my 'stranded on the drive' experience I have not had a problem using my heated steering wheel when in the past it was not engaging.

Conclusion: It may well not be turning on if it detects the battery is running slightly low as it's a non-essential. That may also explain why my boot only power closes 50% of the time.

Roll on my service tomorrow when hopefully they have a fix
The longest time I've used mine for is the drive to work in the morning which is only 25-30 mins. First few times I left it on all the way but recently started to worry it may not be good for the heating elements if left on for prolonged periods so I turn it off when my hands are warm now. I've yet to consult the manual to see if it advises anything on this matter
You lot should just man-up, "ooh, cold hands brrrr" ! Laughing
Watch it or we'll come and take your windscreen out and then you'll know what it is like to be cold on a frosty morning after your car has sat out on the drive all night!
Much nicer weather and warmer in Hampshire tho!Smile
(22-10-2012 05:40pm)Teetree Wrote: [ -> ]Much nicer weather and warmer in Hampshire tho!Smile

I have noticed that my heated steering wheel does not get very warm. Comparing it to BMW's that I have owned, they get much warmer.

The Evoque one is barely lukewarm. Do people notice there's getting really warm ?

I wonder if my steering wheel is defective - or if they are all like that
Mine gets quite toasty, not sure I would want mine any warmer. Its subjective of course so might be worth comparing with one at the dealer if they have one in with it fitted.

Failing that I have one of those infra red thermometers so could take the temp but you would need to do something similar to compare them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Yep, mine gets toasty too, as do the heated seats - No3 setting is quite uncomfortable once it is warmed up!
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's