babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Lag/hesitance + fuel economy, when does it improve?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have read all the threads regarding the lag/hesitance at low revs - especially with the SD4 Auto box, and the terrible fuel economy as the engine beds in.

My question is...the dealer has said these things will improve as you go, apparently a major difference in economy at around 10-20,000 k's. What are others thoughts?

Also that the lag will improve as the learning works out your style. Well after 600kms my style is.....

push loud pedal to the floor at the lights.....no response. release. push again. no response..

How can i teach the computer i want 1st/2nd gear???? Any ideas on how to teach the ECU to get rid of the lag?

90% of my driving is city, with lots of traffic lights, but not much traffic, so i want as much acceleration from the box as i can. My old vehicle was a Merc ML270 cdi, heavier with much less power but when I pressed the accelerator hard it still moved off in 1st into 2nd...

cheers!
Mine has 15,000 Km's and the fuel economy is still the same, currently averaging 9.2l/100 km in city driving. I have got 5.7 on a trip fom Mittagong to Sylvania only a couple of weeks ago.
Your dealer doesn't know what he is talking about! Things will not improve by any appreciable amount.
13000 miles on the odo and I don't expect to see any improvement over the normal 35-37mpg in local driving any time soon.
9000 miles so far and the improvement has been 33mpg to 37mpg... not really expecting much more improvement either. Maybe an mpg at most, driving style and conditions has more to do with that... no lag on the Manual Very Happy But I have felt the lag when driving an Auto at an LRE day with 25000miles on the clock.
31 to 33 mpg...not great 8000 miles in. I still get the lag as well which is frustrating...and potentially dangerous.
35mpg...after nearly 8000 miles... not great, but not alot we can do about it !
You can sell your car and move to another make that can offer cars that get somewhat better consumption.
I have been monitoring the averages per make on Fuelly and now know that unless Land Rover improves the fuel consumption to something within 5% of the Govt claimed I will not be returning to the brand for my next car.
MPG improved for me after 7000 miles but hasn't changed now up to 12000 miles.

Dynamic SD4 AUTO

Graph attached - blue dots are brim-to-brim fill-ups (i.e. tank mpg); red line is cumulative mpg.

[attachment=2936]

(preview not working so let's hope it works on the forum)
Thumbs Up another graph man... yep 1-2mpg lower than the Manual, looks bang on.

The engines are finely tuned to get the best in the Standard MPG tests, to be fair to Land Rover they can only publish the official test figures, the fault is with the test it should be more representative so the manufacturers tune their cars to be most efficient to the owners not to a simple test sequence so they can publish great figures no-one will ever achieve.
I was going to comment that you two should have a dinner date but didn't want to assume that you would be each others' type. At least we can be sure that you could draw up a model to split the bill Laughing
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's