babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: A34 missing from Sat Nav
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had cause to go down the A34 from Manchester to Stoke the other day but when I got to just North West of Alderley Edge the Sat Nav wanted to take me through Alderley Edge rather than continuing along the A34. Ignoring the Sat Nav I stayed on the A34 only for the Sat Nav to show me driving across fields and streams Sad I can't believe that a road that was opened 18 months before my Evoque was built isn't on the Sat Nav - just how out of date are the maps that Land Rover are using?
Isn't that what the folks who live in Alderley Edge want everybody to think? That they live out in the wilds......................
(11-10-2012 06:48pm)MrNoo Wrote: [ -> ]I had cause to go down the A34 from Manchester to Stoke the other day but when I got to just North West of Alderley Edge the Sat Nav wanted to take me through Alderley Edge rather than continuing along the A34. Ignoring the Sat Nav I stayed on the A34 only for the Sat Nav to show me driving across fields and streams Sad I can't believe that a road that was opened 18 months before my Evoque was built isn't on the Sat Nav - just how out of date are the maps that Land Rover are using?

....crossing fields and streams eh?.......well you have bought a Landrover!.....perhaps its a new take on the LandRover off-road experience?
whats the procedure for updates, the relatively new M74 in Glasgow is missing
That's the new Alderley Edge bypass. I'm sure the next service will sort it.
(11-10-2012 10:23pm)griff Wrote: [ -> ]That's the new Alderley Edge bypass. I'm sure the next service will sort it.

I've never known LR to update their SatNav data as part of a service - it's always been a cash cow for them. "Yes Sir, you want your new SatNav updating from 5 year old maps to 3 year old maps? That'll be £80 please"
Night fox, you need to find a new service outlet, with my previous Land and Range Rovers I have never paid for the updates and they have always been really up to date - to the extent that with my last FFRR there was a roundabout under construction that was in the update. The updates are only as good as the info that drivers send to the mapmakers to update the disks. BTW you can go to Navtec's website and see what the most recent update disk is, they only get updated every 2-3 years not annually by the mapmakers
(12-10-2012 12:23pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Night fox, you need to find a new service outlet, with my previous Land and Range Rovers I have never paid for the updates and they have always been really up to date - to the extent that with my last FFRR there was a roundabout under construction that was in the update. The updates are only as good as the info that drivers send to the mapmakers to update the disks.

That's interesting, I've never found a dealer who'd do that (Have a good dealer for sales but not yet found a good service one!). At least I've always got iOS6 maps on my iPhone to fall back on Rolling Eyes
I was told all sat nav updates are free for the first 3 years.
(12-10-2012 01:34pm)Barton Evoque Wrote: [ -> ]I was told all sat nav updates are free for the first 3 years.

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone ever tried updating the Evoque SatNav with one of the update disks from a RRS, which seems to be much better in terms of functionality (even if it's maybe a bit older in terms of accuracy)?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's