babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 10% pay rise for Jaguar Land Rover workers as sales boom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just remember lads and ladies on the production lines that we ,the customers, have funded that pay rise - as a buyer of the product I would like to see a huge rise in the quality control - there should not be a single defect on any car in the price range LR is selling cars. What do we continue to see? Repeated returns to dealers to correct defects that should have been picked up on the production line, repeated returns to dealers to have rattles removed, cars delivered with unacceptable paint defects, cars delivered with specified parts and even entire option packs missing. These are all easy things to fix on the line - I would rather my car took a couple of days longer to arrive and that it was properly finished than have it rushed passed QC on the end of the line and then have to go back time and again to be rebuilt. I have been lucky, mine has been virtually fault free, but reading posts on the forum I am one of the few.
10% seems a bit extreme in current economic climate. I havent had a pay rise at all for 3 years.
Only 3 years ED, you were lucky................... my last pay rise was in 2004 when I was promoted, since then nowt "because the industry is in a dire state" this despite my employers making $5.9 billion profit last year.
Am I the only one thinks good on them, and good luck to them? Let's be happy for people doing well!
It could also be construed that they have an extra 10% to spend in the local economy!

May not be good news to most folk but in the great scheme of things I think it is. Perhaps they were being underpaid by 9% previously....
Good luck to them!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Would be interesting to know how much the factory workers were paid in the first place.
(09-10-2012 08:01pm)chris76 Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one thinks good on them, and good luck to them? Let's be happy for people doing well!

I'm with you Chris76. To level a tirade against the 'lads and ladies' on the production line misses the point. I bet you'd be hard pushed to find any single individual at the facility who has a lax approach to quality. The quality tone gets set at the top - from Mr Tata down. Stretched production targets will enevitably impact quality to a degree, irrespective of the work ethic of those on the production line. This can only be addressed by Management when setting resourcing levels.

Personally I think the lads and ladies deserve every penny. I'm delighted with my Evoque. Yes, I've had small niggles, but none that I would class as unreasonable. And as for the 'sour grapes' syndrome - the fact that some of the forum contributors here haven't received a pay rise for years is entirely irrelevant - I'm guessing they can't be that hard up, or they wouldn't be delighting in the pleasures and cache that comes with Evoque ownership.

Happy, well paid employees = good quality work, more disposable income to support the local economy, higher tax receipts.

Just my view Smile
The British car industry is undergoing a renaissance at present. The constructive working together by employers and the trade unions has been a major factor in this revitalisation of the automotive sector.

This deal will mean a pay rise of 4.5 per cent, plus £500 from 1 November, 2012 which equates to 6.3 per cent in real terms for a shop floor worker at Land Rover, and a further rise from 1 November 2013 will be 3 per cent or that of the Retail Price Index.
Reference URL's