babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 7 day insurance with new evoque?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you get a 7 day temp insurance when buying a new car... Here in the uk iv had a few 2nd hand cars that come with it
Yes I did
We didn't. According to our dealer, the temp insurance was only available if we had a tracker fitted
Iv been told by my insurance company that as the at is over £30k I will need to have a tracker fitted anyway... Hence why I wanted to know about the 7 day thing. To give me time to have one fitted...
Surely the dealer has some literature on the policy, why not ask them? % or so years ago LR offered one month free
cover. Re the Tracker, check with your insurer that they don't have a specific make that you have to fit - NavTrac is owned by Royal Bank of Scotland................ all the Insurance companies that come under their umbrella (Direct-Line, Churchill, Admiral and several well known brands) they insist on a tracker for cars over a certain level and you have to fit the tracker made by the company that RBS owns................. and despite fitting one you still don't get any discount on your premium, fitting one is a condition of cover not a means to a discount.
I was offered 7 days free insurance ( I think it was Norwich Union) no ties and no conditions. I took it as it was easy, free and gave me more time to hunt around for an insurer.

They did ask that you give them an opportunity to quote for insurance.

I think it may be a dealer organised scheme rather than a general LR thing
I also got 7 days free insurance with Aviva
FWIW, Admiral is not owned by RBS, thank goodness. Also, they did not require a tracker to be fitted to my car though this may vary according to where you live.
I got two lots of 7 -day complimentary cover on my used Evoque. After agreeing it with the dealer I just called LR insurance and gave them the dealer code. Could not have been easier. Albeit, the reg transfer was another matter (as I was the 1 in 500 the DVLA actually wanted for a vehicle inspection - it was in the Midlands and the DVLA office was in London)

My insurer has not made a tracker a condition of the policy but for piece of mind it seems a price worth paying even if only the £200 'Back to you option' http://www.back2you.com (but note these are not insurance approved)
I'm with sky insurance who are a broker and have linked my insurance with Chaucer insurance... I asked If I needed to get a type and he said no any tracker will do... How would they even know if I had one fitted?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's