babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 7000 miles in 3 months and ....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So far my car has covered 7000 mles in 3 months

Shopping list so far

1 off Visit to the dealer to get the passenger door adjusted

1 off total blow out at 80mph, so 1 new 20" tyre

1.5 ltrs of top up oil of the wrong spec as i can't get c1

42 mpg average from new

1 off free 1/2 days off roading that was super to see what an evoque can do

1 off set of upgraded headlight bulbs

This car so far has been awsome , it performs well , it turns heads , it handles well, its capable on & off road

I am very happy with my Evoque

Just waiting for winter, to see if it excels ........

It can't be any worse than the 5 series or E class i would have ordered
Glad its going well, J555

Why can't you get C1 oil, just order in online? see the Top up oil thread.

It'll be one of the best vehicles you can be in during the winter, just remember 4wd doesnt mean additional stopping capability on ice.
If you are really pushed Land Rover dealer's accessory depts all stock the right oil, at a price, but it's better than loosing your warranty or screwing up your DPF
Mmm I'm a bad boy, oil works by preventing metal to metal contact and drawing heat away from hot components. Engine oil intended for diesels has a detergent property to stop the diesel fuel breaking down the oil...after that I just buy whatever diesel engine oil I can find - usually Castrol.

If LR want to get picky about the oil needed then they should provide a litre with the car when its new - Audi do. 8500 miles and about 500ml used...its still going fine. Well some interior rattles now and the passenger door has dropped on mine too - in next week for that.
It's the DPF that dictates the oil spec, as oil deposits can build up in the filter and not clean away during regen. Get this bad enough and the DPF will start to cause back pressure in the exhaust and the light will come on and you're in get me home mode for a new DPF.
Reference URL's