babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Toll Payment Recognition Tag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone advise me on where on the windscreen they have fitted a tag for automatic payment of tolls. I have purchased a tag for the French motorway system and am trying to figure out the best place for it on my Evoke given that it has a heated windscreen which can block the signal. The instructions refer to fitting it behind the mirror which because of the shape of the fitting is not possible. I've called Land Rover customer service but because it is a non-Land Rover accessory they cannot advise me.
thanks in advance
Tim
Tim welcome to the forums, there are a lot of posts about this and how to solve it, if you type payage or toll into the search function on the forum banner it will give quite a few hits.
I have my M6 Toll tag in just next to the rear view mirror in the mottled bit - works a treat.
(24-09-2012 09:58am)timhum Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone advise me on where on the windscreen they have fitted a tag for automatic payment of tolls. I have purchased a tag for the French motorway system and am trying to figure out the best place for it on my Evoke given that it has a heated windscreen which can block the signal. The instructions refer to fitting it behind the mirror which because of the shape of the fitting is not possible. I've called Land Rover customer service but because it is a non-Land Rover accessory they cannot advise me.
thanks in advance
Tim

Theres a way (in the USA) to mount it inside of the front grill so that you cannot see it at all. Our transponders happen to have screwholes that are exactly the same distance as the screwholes in the grill/bumper. Works great.
(25-09-2012 09:55am)griff Wrote: [ -> ]I have my M6 Toll tag in just next to the rear view mirror in the mottled bit - works a treat.

Used my M6 toll tag in the Evoque for the first 2 times on Sunday. Not stuck in place yet, but the wife held it in position in the dotted area to the left of the rear view mirror (my preferred location as it will be hidden to the driver).

Worked first time, but not the second. Although it could have been me following the previous car too closely. Not too sure.
Had to call help and quote the tag number to them. It it had been positioned to the left of the rear view mirror I would have had a nightmare trying to read the tag number.

Think I will use some not too sticky double sided tape to test a few more times before using some proper sticky stuff on it.
(25-09-2012 09:55am)griff Wrote: [ -> ]I have my M6 Toll tag in just next to the rear view mirror in the mottled bit - works a treat.

+1, used at least twice a week and no issues
Thanks everyone, I'll let you know how well it works in France,
Tim
(25-09-2012 08:22pm)smayo Wrote: [ -> ]Used my M6 toll tag in the Evoque for the first 2 times on Sunday. Not stuck in place yet, but the wife held it in position in the dotted area to the left of the rear view mirror (my preferred location as it will be hidden to the driver).

Worked first time, but not the second. Although it could have been me following the previous car too closely. Not too sure.
Had to call help and quote the tag number to them. It it had been positioned to the left of the rear view mirror I would have had a nightmare trying to read the tag number.

Think I will use some not too sticky double sided tape to test a few more times before using some proper sticky stuff on it.

I have mine ti the left of the mirror as you mention and I have not had a problem yet. Touch wood!
Just to say that we have returned from France and the Tag worked perfectly. It was attached to the screen to the left of the mirror.
Can I ask where you got a tag for euro roads? I'm doing a Europe trip next year and would be a treat not to have to keep paying at all the tolls. I paid over £300 on toll roads aloan last year on my trip
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's