babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Part exchange policy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I sold my BMW as I knew I wouldn't get what it's worth via part x... So I got myself a £600 ford puma to run me to work till my evo is built.

Question is... Will they even take it as part ex n give me money off?
Why not sell privately again for a starting price of £1000? Then you can be haggled back down to £700/800 and make a tiny profit and buyer and seller are happy!
Wouldn't want to be left with no transport to get to work
Sell it after taking delivery of the Evoque or is this not feasible!
I want to put the money in with the deposit. More money put in. The less the monthly will be Smile

Just didn't know if Land rover would even buy it as part ex or turn around and say its to crap to accept as a part ex at all
I'd expect you will get more selling privately as LR would have the hassle of processing the part ex and cost of sale with very little or mo margin on that priced car.

I'd sell privately after taking delivery. The monthly saving on £600 can't be that much...10 to 15 pounds a month?
(23-09-2012 06:30am)EpicEvo Wrote: [ -> ]I sold my BMW as I knew I wouldn't get what it's worth via part x... So I got myself a £600 ford puma to run me to work till my evo is built.

Question is... Will they even take it as part ex n give me money off?

We thought the same, however our dealer took the wife's old 2000 Golf GTI with 80000 miles and have us £600, the quote from we buy any car was £700!
Why not ask the dealer what they will give you for it in p/ex since your timing in critical. All they will do is send it to auction after hiding it behind the dealership.
I got offered £200 for my old mondeo i bought to see me through, it was old but excellent nick, fsh and almost a years mot.

I stuck it on ebay £500 no offers and sold it within 3 hours. an easy £300 in my pocket.

I also had 7 months motoring out of it for around £20 a month in cost.
The Puma had a curious history - having been designed for Ford by TWR (yup the same outfit that raced Jags years ago and went bust trying to keep an F1 team running)...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's