babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Does the car know what wheels you have?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As in 18's, 19's or 20's...
Simple answer is no. That is why if you don't stick to recommended tire size, the speedo will be off.
As I understand it, the rolling cercumference of the wheels is input to the config file so that the speedo can read correctly. This obviously depends on which wheel/tyre size combination the car is wearing.
(23-09-2012 05:23pm)DiscoDad Wrote: [ -> ]As I understand it, the rolling cercumference of the wheels is input to the config file so that the speedo can read correctly.

True it will be in the software, BUT, the circumference of all the factory fitted wheels/tyres is the same.
Strange but true - doesn't matter if you have 17" wheels or 20" wheels the aspect ratio (sidewall height) of the various tyres is what makes them all the same rolling radius
if you change ur wheels, don't let it look in a mirror or see its reflection in a shop window for goodness sake
just use a tire/wheel calculator and try to get the wheel size you want and search for tires that fit oem specs. If you get them close enough the spedo will be off +/- 1-2mph or km.
Thanks a lot guys Smile question answered I would say Smile
Reference URL's