babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Hose incorrectly fitted to intercooler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, my 2500mile Evoque TD4 Pure broke down today, outside lane of A1, AA responded in 30mins (RR response 2hour) eventually found a hose had come off the intercooler. The jubilee clip that holds it in place had been fitted at an angle so it squashed the hose rather than clamping it in place....

Anyone else had his issue?Sad

on a plus point did the free off road day at Skipton - amazing!
Not heard off on an Evoque but it was a regular problem on the TD4 Freelander1 and I have heard of it on the Freelander2 which has the same engine
(21-09-2012 09:17pm)spacecowboy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, my 2500mile Evoque TD4 Pure broke down today, outside lane of A1, AA responded in 30mins (RR response 2hour) eventually found a hose had come off the intercooler. The jubilee clip that holds it in place had been fitted at an angle so it squashed the hose rather than clamping it in place....

Anyone else had his issue?Sad

on a plus point did the free off road day at Skipton - amazing!

Spacecowboy,
Did you do the full or half day?
I was given a couple of LRE passes but they state half day experience, was wanting to go for a full day.
Half day in the morning and the other half day for the afternoon of the same day?
A have had that happen on my Jag 2.2d X-Type. Common problem on the Jag due to corrosion of the clip. Surprised yours stayed on for 2500 miles if it had been fitted that way TBH.
Mickydd, did the half day, it was really good, you could pay for the rest of the day but my 2 mates who were with me wanted to go to the pub.....

no further probs with the hose, im trying for another off road voucher as good will....
Reference URL's