babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Reverse while driving forward...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In case you did know this...

If you have the rotary controller...you are in drive mode and driving forward and you suddenly put the car in reverse, the car will continue in drive mode until you stop before it puts itself into reverse mode....
I think you need to get your car looked at as I've heard of this happening before. However, I suppose it helps protect the gearbox from those silly folks that want to go direct from drive to reverse.
Actually, you are right about the safety thing. It was intended by Land Rover that the car should continue until you can safely stop and move into reverse mode. I was merely letting everyone know this was the case.
Makes me wonder how you found out in the first place... Not something I'd want to try when mines delivered haha
I have the manual box and have been concerned about accidentally selecting reverse instead of 6th gear.
The tech at my dealers told me it couldnt happen as the selector has protection. apparently, and I have tried it, once you get above a few mph, a solenoid kicks in and stops the lever going past the 5th/6th gear plane.
Thats reasuring Very Happy
LOL! I was talking to the Sales Manager at Land Rover when I reside and he was telling me these interesting facts. Smile. Try pulling the parking brake when you are moving and see what happens. Smile
(21-09-2012 12:29pm)speary Wrote: [ -> ]I have the manual box and have been concerned about accidentally selecting reverse instead of 6th gear.
The tech at my dealers told me it couldnt happen as the selector has protection. apparently, and I have tried it, once you get above a few mph, a solenoid kicks in and stops the lever going past the 5th/6th gear plane.
Thats reasuring Very Happy

Yep, you can hear a slight click as you roll up to stop at traffic lights etc.
Another trick that the auto box will do is to let you reverse back down a hill using HDC without having to change the selector into reverse first.
It was one of the things that I was shown on a LRE day at Dunkeld.
(21-09-2012 12:35pm)Richieleo Wrote: [ -> ]LOL! I was talking to the Sales Manager at Land Rover when I reside and he was telling me these interesting facts. Smile. Try pulling the parking brake when you are moving and see what happens. Smile

The park brake is a good trick for when your mate is driving your car, would scare the sh#t out of him. Apart from a party trick it has actually saved a life here is Australia with a couple towing a caravan at 110 kph and the husband who was a diabetic passed out. The couple were taught the feature only a week earlier.
Don't do it too many times it's not good for the system
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's