babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 11 Reg Evoque's For Sale On Autotrader.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Given the Evoque was launched on September the 8th 2011 on a 61 reg how is it that 11 plates are being sold off unless these are the Factory cars from the unleashed events etc? I have seen at leat two 11 reg Dynamic's for sale both with the wrong wheels on - should be 20" but they have 19"s fitted! I was under the impression these were pre production cars & therefore were to be dismantled (scrapped). Pretty sure one had an OV or OY number too that were the unleashed cars.
Some are ex-dealer demos - IIRC LPR had a black Prestige registered on an 11 plate. BTW there are a very small number of Freelander1 pre-production cars
around - white 5 doors with a strange black window surround that never made it onto the production cars - they are worth considerably more to collectors of this sort of thing than a good condition standard car, about the same as a Camel Trophy RHD car (most of them were LHD)
If they have 19" wheels rather than 20" then they are press cars.

The feedback from the press early on was that the ride was better on the standard suspension than the AD so they fitted press cars with 19" wheels.

It's also a No cost option to have 19" wheels on dynamics Wink

They should be very well optioned cars I imagine!

The unleashed cars all had 20" wheels as I had a lengthy conversation with the product manager about AD vs standard and 19 vs 20 and unfortunately the only two combinations they had for unleashed were 19" prestige without AD and 20" Dynamic with AD.

ALSO the other thing to remember is that many Dynamics from unleashed were STORNOWAY grey not Orkney! So for someone who really wanted Stornoway these would be rare beasts indeed.
Yes Stornoway had a very limited run, not sure if Zara is still driving hers.
Reference URL's