babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: help me rationalize no adaptive dynamics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
delete
Yep, enjoy the car and forget about AD, its a great option but no game changer.
Why do they bother to call it a Dynamic if the dynamic bit isn't there then?
The handling/ride of the standard set up is in my opinion very good and after I drove both I went with the standard because I wanted the better comfort of the standard suspension (and 19" wheels/tyres).

All depends on your priorities - if you're going to be chucking it around corners at great speed then order another with AD and sell this one - if not stick with it!
Sounds similar to mine, and to be honest i have never felt need for AD, it handles nicely, is comfy, but still chuckable.
(19-09-2012 01:10pm)WB Wrote: [ -> ]The handling/ride of the standard set up is in my opinion very good and after I drove both I went with the standard because I wanted the better comfort of the standard suspension (and 19" wheels/tyres).

The standard set up is good however I'd say - in my experience - AD is more comfortable than the standard set-up though...a lot of people jump in an AD-equipped car and think they have to enable the Dynamic setting to get any benefit but this isn't true...the AD system is always on and I've had a non-AD car as a loaner and it is noticeably less comfortable as the road gets bumpier/less even. On good roads the difference is less noticeable of course and can indeed be very negligible but hit a dirt road and the difference is much greater as the AD soaks up the unevenness.

When you do enable the Dynamic setting next to the other Terrain Response modes the suspension does the opposite and stiffens up for more brisk motoring - this is not nearly as comfortable as the standard set-up and even less so the normal AD mode but is good for cornering etc.
(19-09-2012 03:01pm)Coolbanana Wrote: [ -> ]The standard set up is good however I'd say - in my experience - AD is more comfortable than the standard set-up though...a lot of people jump in an AD-equipped car and think they have to enable the Dynamic setting to get any benefit but this isn't true...the AD system is always on and I've had a non-AD car as a loaner and it is noticeably less comfortable as the road gets bumpier/less even. On good roads the difference is less noticeable of course and can indeed be very negligible but hit a dirt road and the difference is much greater as the AD soaks up the unevenness.

When you do enable the Dynamic setting next to the other Terrain Response modes the suspension does the opposite and stiffens up for more brisk motoring - this is not nearly as comfortable as the standard set-up and even less so the normal AD mode but is good for cornering etc.

hi,i went to the LR dealer today, i tried to order an rr evoque dynamic and with an ad mode, but dealer told me the mride suspension wont activate unless you ride in dynamic mode, so it means in normal ride the mride is not activing? is this true? im in canada please help thank you
He's talking rubbish. The AD is on al the time, the Terrain Response setting just alter how the AD's work(ie they stiffen or soften the suspension according to the setting you are on). They still adapt continously to the road no matter what setting you're on though
(19-09-2012 03:01pm)Coolbanana Wrote: [ -> ]The standard set up is good however I'd say - in my experience - AD is more comfortable than the standard set-up though...a lot of people jump in an AD-equipped car and think they have to enable the Dynamic setting to get any benefit but this isn't true...the AD system is always on and I've had a non-AD car as a loaner and it is noticeably less comfortable as the road gets bumpier/less even. On good roads the difference is less noticeable of course and can indeed be very negligible but hit a dirt road and the difference is much greater as the AD soaks up the unevenness.

We're going to have to differ on this.

At the Evoque live event I drove back to back a Prestige on 19" followed by a Dynamic on 20" (with AD). I didn't take the AD out of normal mode by the way. On London roads I found the Dynamic much firmer and less comfortable (not as bad as my old BMW with sports suspension but not close to the Prestige on 19".

I shared my thoughts with the Evoque product manager and he said that was much the same feedback they'd had from the motoring press which is why all the press AD cars had 19" wheels rather than the standard 20" (and why they offer the no-cost downgrade on Dynamics). The combination of 20" wheels and AD produces a stiffer ride than the 19" on standard suspension. In his opinion he felt that 19" on AD may be the optimal set up.
(19-09-2012 04:27pm)WB Wrote: [ -> ]The combination of 20" wheels and AD produces a stiffer ride than the 19" on standard suspension. In his opinion he felt that 19" on AD may be the optimal set up.
I enjoy a fantastically comfortable journey mainly on twisty A and B roads out in the country with AD and 19" wheels, probably more so than in my Freelander with 17" wheels.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's