babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Start/stop technology for the Evoque...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The new FFRR includes the new LR-TDV6 3.0 litre engine with Stop/Start technology for improved fuel efficiency on automatic transmission.
I wanted to know if this technology be used as an upgrade in the SD4 engines in the Evoque?
Also, are there any plans for the Evoque to have this engine in future models?

Performance (Manufacturer's Estimates) LR-TDV6 3.0 Litre Diesel Engine
Maximum speed mph (kph) 130 (209)
Acceleration 0-60mph (0-100kph) seconds 7.4 (7.9)
Fuel Economy LR-TDV6 3.0 Litre Diesel Engine
Urban mpg (L/100km) 33.2 (8.5)
Extra urban mpg (L/100km) 40.4 (7.0)
Combined mpg (L/100km) 37.7 (7.5)
CO₂ emissions (g/km) 196

Seems like it fairs much better than the Evoque.
The evoque has it in manual varients only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Am I misreading, or are you asking if, in the first bit of your post, if the Evoque will get stop/start technology? If yes, then mine has it. If I've misread then sorry.

As to the second part re the new engine, then I dont know.
(16-09-2012 12:05pm)Jai Wrote: [ -> ]The evoque has it in manual varients only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know its available On the ED4 manual transmission, but I am comparing the SD4 automatic transmission as opposed to the 3 liter LRTDV6 automatic transmission as it going to be in the new FFRR.
SDv6 engines are auto only (there is no manaul option for them) in D4, RRS and FFRR so I don't see why in RRE2 there shouldn't be stop start for the SD4
auto
(16-09-2012 12:12pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]SDv6 engines are auto only (there is no manaul option for them) in D4, RRS and FFRR so I don't see why in RRE2 there shouldn't be stop start for the SD4
auto

Rightly so Tim....
SD4 auto does not have stop/start, I see no reason why it shouldn't have it, BMW X3 2.0d auto has it.

From what I have heard and read the Evoque engine bay cannot accommodate a big engine i.e 3.0d V6.

I'd love to be proved wrong, a diesel V6 auto in an Evoque, yummy.
There's a new Petrol V6 Supercharged that is rumoured to fit.......................
SD4 is basically the same engine as the TD4 just tuned differently. Manual Evoque and Freelander have stop/start, autos do not. The only auto LR /RR with stop/start will be the new 3.0l Range Rover, the technology will probably migrate to the next RR Sport and possibly Discovery. I believe there may be issues in fitting stop/start to the current 2.2l TD4/SD4 auto engines.

Believe there are issues in fitting engines that are bigger in size than the current ones in the engine bay without significant mods which may rule out much in the way of change in the near future.
I might be wrong but i dont think the Disco/RRS/FFRR engines will go anywhere near a RRE as the RRE engine is mounted transversly and the others are longitudinally mounted. The RRE engine bay would be wide enough but no where near long enough
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's