babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Evoque Sat Nav issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i picked up my evoque pure 1 week ago. the car is brilliant except for the sat nav.
i read the manual checked the forum, but i still couldn't get the POI's to display.
so in desperation to learn what i was doing wrong i went back to the dealer. he had the same issue, couldn't get the POI's to display.

so he compared my satnav to another brand new pure not yet collected. The sat nav was totally different. different icon's extra icon's. it was like comparing window's xp to windows 7.

so my car is booked to go in next week and get it sorted ourt, hopefully with the up to date version of the sat nav. i'll let you know.

anyone hads the same issue?

cheers dve
My first Prestige (delivered Dec 2011) would not display the off-road navigation (by hitting the navigation button twice) my new one does this no problem(Sep 2012) not sure how old your car is but it looks like there may be a few updates.
i took the car into the garage. i only picked it up new on 7th sept 2012. and they checked out the sat nav. they tell me that they have had several repoprts of the same issue with the sat nav and LR are working on a patch to fix it. it may be a few months thought.

i'll let you know.
Same here, my dealer has tried to fix mine 3 times ad now tell me they are waiting to hear from LR with a fix. Mine is a February car and so it's not just an issue with newer deliveries.
On a side note: this months (very poor) whatcar magazine has an article on the facelift freelander. They state that is has the same sat Nav as the Evoque, but its an 'improved' version. Not sure what this means......
Jaguars and the new L405 FFRR also have the same system as us
I must have the new version on mine I don't have any issues with POI I just touch screen and they displays the ones I want.
Reference URL's