babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: I'm Leaving and my lovely car is up for sale - NOW SOLD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,

I've had a great first year with my Evoque but I'm now changing my car and have decided to sell if anyone is interested.

The spec is 2011 (61) 5 Door, SD4 Prestige Auto in Orkney grey metallic with 11K on the clock. The car is in "as new" condition, without a dent, chip or mark on it and has just had it's first service two days ago. It's got a full years tax left and it has privacy glass, park assist and the invaluable spare tyre and semi-rigid boot liner.
I'm not a greedy person so I'm asking £35,995.00. I think if you check on the Auto-trader this makes it the cheapest Prestige 5 door Auto in the country by some margin.

I do also have a full set of 18 inch LR alloys and winter tyres that have done only 2,500 miles (shown with these in the small ID picture). Pictures to follow. Please PM if interested
Sorry to hear that, I hope you don't regret parting with it after a short ownership period.

What are you swapping into?

Price/deal seems good so you ought to get takers for it.

Are the wheels for sale separately, as you might get some interest on here, if so how much?

Good luck.
(15-09-2012 10:23am)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to hear that, I hope you don't regret parting with it after a short ownership period.

What are you swapping into?

Price/deal seems good so you ought to get takers for it.

Are the wheels for sale separately, as you might get some interest on here, if so how much?

Good luck.

I really like the Evoque but we bought it so that we could go down to one car and the wife didnt want something as big as I did. However, she's just ordered a new Polo GTI, which is the size that she's comfortable driving and that means that I've just ordered the car I was going to get last year. I've gone for the V8 Touareg. I will consider selling the wheels separately but I'd probably see what happens with the car sale first. Cheers steve
Good luck with the sale mate Smile
If only I hadn't bought one a couple of months ago I would of snapped it up!! Good luck selling Smile
Are you committed to the Toureg? Porsche have finally caught up with their VW siblings and just launched the Cayenne S which now has the same V8 and a much nicer interior and ownership experience.
Sorry to have you leave us YTS.
Keep in mind the Porsche and the Toureg are built on the same line in Bratislava, the difference being the near completed car is shipped 4 in a box-car by rail to Porsche in Leipzig where they install the Audi built engine. All so that they can claim the car is made in Germany.

To all intents and purposes, they are the same car. It's interesting that the Cayenne Diesel is their biggest selling model variant. Still, by ripping off their customers who think the Porsche is somehow better, there's lots of profit to fund their sports car development.
So a bit like LR and the Evoque, which is a Freelander2 in a party frock or the RRS which is a Disco in drag then Mark?
Both are means to rip off the punters into thinking they have brought a Range Rover............... when really they have brought a much cheaper utility car
(15-09-2012 03:48pm)QueJumper Wrote: [ -> ]Are you committed to the Toureg? Porsche have finally caught up with their VW siblings and just launched the Cayenne S which now has the same V8 and a much nicer interior and ownership experience.

I appreciate your thoughts on the Cayenne and it was a consideration. The thing is my wife has had many Golf GTI's, My son has the Mk6 GTI and my youngest the more insurance friendly Golf TSI Match. I myself have had the Scirocco R and a GTI and throughout all of that we've been looked after and did well come trade in time. I'm not suggesting that they offer Jaguar levels of a purchase experience but professional and unfussy in our experience and I have to say miles better than with the Evoque.

The thing that tipped it is that I know that buying a big 4x4, that Im bound to lose big money, so I like to get as much of that up front as I can. You can't do that with Porche and despite the badge a three year old car still loses money come trade in. The last part of the thought was that I wanted a car with a remote parking heater and I managed to find a two month old (pre reg) zero miles V8 Altitude with the options of parking heater, 4Zone Climate control, Automatic distance control, Nappa leather and heated front screen and then eventually negotiate nearly £16,500 off the original on the road price. On top of that I was going to sell my car privately for £35,995 and the dealer has took that too for £35K. So, whilst I'll genuinely miss the Evoque and the rock-solid risiduals at least I'll know that I've taken care of some of the depreciation up front.

And I do thank those well-wishers for their kind thoughts. Regards steve
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's