babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Autocar eD4 & TD4 Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Range Rover Evoque 2.2 eD4 review

Quite brief........ and I don't think they have got their facts right. I didn't think you could get AD with the TD4 engine.... could be wrong.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/Firs...WD/258465/

Plus an Express review

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/2619...ets-ahead/
I agree, I don't think AD is available on the Pure at all and only the SD Prestige as an option. It's standard on the Dynamic for both SD and Si. You'd think that given the amount they've written about the car, they'd got these things straight...
The cars these guys have been driving, at least by Autocar's admission, are from the press fleet and have all got strange specs that may or may not be available when the cars go on sale so it is possible that they had a Pure with adaptive dynamics. OR LR has been reading the forums and added it to the options list as a late revision...................
You can get AD on whatever engine on the Dynamic or Prestige, just not on the Pure in Europe. And is not standard on the Dynamic.
Not true. In Belgium, Adaptive Dynamics is only available on SD4 and Si4 in Prestige and Dynamic.
(30-07-2011 09:22am)FullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]....... may or may not be available when the cars go on sale so it is possible that they had a Pure with adaptive dynamics. OR LR has been reading the forums and added it to the options list as a late revision...................

When I got a "sneak peek" of the Evoque back in 2010 the LR technical bods at Gaydon said all versions of the car would come with AD as standard....... so I was quite surprised when the specs came out earlier in the year at how selective the choice was on what could and couldn't have AD.
It's possible it was made optional to put a lid on prices which might have been becoming higher than anticipated, especially for euro- billed content.
somewhat confusing as usual, review open with title eD4 2WD and closes with TD4 specs and photo is of TD4
Confused
Reference URL's