babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: What's the value...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys

I'm considering either selling my Evoque or giving it to my good lady as lack of boot space is sadly becoming a little bit of a pain.

If I were to sell, what do you guys reckon it would be worth?

It's an SD4 3-dr Dynamic in Orkney Grey with black interior and 16k miles on it (registered 8th November last year).

It has pretty much every extra apart from RSE and Dynamic Plus seats...cost £47,500.

I've been offered £35k in Part Ex which seems quite low but perhaps realistic for trade-in?

Any thoughts much appreciated.
I suspect the miles will count against you, that's a lot for a 9 month old car Token.
Thats a big hit considering the premium most dealers seem to be asking, mileage as you say should count but not to that extent, give it another 12 months and i think priced will start fall alot more than they have been
Is that a trade in price for another LR or another brand? The reason I ask is that in the past I've always received the best trade in price when trading in a LR for another LR.
Yes, 16k, a lot of miles, needs a service, will soon need some tyres, brake pads and discs maybe half worn.

That said, still something like 75p per mile depreciation. Improvement on an Aston Martin I saw which has depreciated £50k over 3000 miles, about £1 for every 100 yards travelled.

There's a lesson though that the gadgets added at purchase time with furious box ticking don't count for much at resale time.
Token, how many dealers have you tried - I think they're taking the p*** and trying to make a (huge) quick buck at your expense.

My advice would be sell privately if you can and if not then hunt around a few more dealers.
I think the best thing would be to give it to your good lady and let here run it for another 3 years, at least that way you won't give somebody the pleasure of ripping you off on the part-ex valuation
Cheers for the advice guys.

Trading it in against a Vogue, so was hoping they'd do me a better price. Just gone on to webuyanycar and they have offered just over £37k which is interesting. If I can then get the garage I want the Vogue from to drop their price by £1k then the cost to change will be £3k against a 2010 Vogue Autobiography with 23k miles on the clock.

So although I will be losing £11k on my car in 9 months, in reality that money has already gone...and I am effectively swapping a car that was £50k a year ago for a car that was probably £70k+ two years ago. Doesn't feel so bad.

Sure I would get more privately, but not sure it would be a huge amount more.
@Token,
Sounds like a good plan to me. All the best.
Sounds better When you put it like that Token.

I also think the fact it's a coupe has hit residuals. 5 doors seem to hold their price a bit better.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's