babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Finally fed up with condensation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally fed up with condensation in the rear light cluster.

After the Gaydon 'jaunt' one or two fellow forumers commented on the condensation in the rear nearside light cluster. In fact, one comment was that it looked like I had fitted a white tint, but only to the one rear cluster! Now this problem has been present since take over and I had hoped it would sort itself out with some nice hot weather, but no.

A tip from CJFP ( I think) apologies if it was not, was to take the unit off and stick it in the airing cupboard for a few hours. Well it was off all today ( a good 10 hours or more) and no difference. So it's time for a phone call tomorrow to see if I can get it swapped out for a good one.

Hopefully, not a big issue to swap it.
The FFRR and Disco 3 guys have cured this by making a tiny hole in the sealed unit but it is very very important to do it from the back of the unit into the colour section otherwise you will make the problem worse. The units are sealed which is why you get the condensation, if you make tiny (and it only needs to be a pin diameter from the back into the reflector/ coloured unit you will not have it fill up with rain water and road spray which will happen if you make the hole from the clear lens side. This has worked on early Disco3's and early FFRR's - RRS's don't seem to have suffered the problem
I noticed the same problem on one of my rear lights last week, I will keep an eye on it and see if it regularly occurs.
Thanks for that info Tim. I may well give that a go, but a phone call first I think. I'm interested to give my dealer a chance to sort it out at the first pass.

Cheers.
My dealer has a replacement on back order for me. Couldn't live with the condensation any longer. Same issue and solution with my reversing camera.
It isn't jst Land Rovers that suffer from this, my father's Honda Jazz has much worse condensation in both the headlight and tail light clusters that the dealer has never been able to cure.
Reference URL's