babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Pure wheel options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Pure is going to build soon after what feels like a v long wait. Happy with my spec but having last minute doubts about the wheel choice.

Have the standard style 2 choice ordered, which I felt would be fine and save a bit of money. But so many of the marketing shots show style 6 (and they do look pretty cool!) that I'm now wondering whether I should upgrade. £900 feels like an awful lot for different looking wheels though....

Anyone with either style 2's or 6's got any advice for me?
Hi
We had exactly the same dilemma and eventually settled for style 5 which we had seen in the showroom. Also worth considering is the cost of 20 inch tyres compared to 19 or even 18's. We collect our Evoque on Wednesday 12th Sept.

Cheers
Have you thought about the style 4 19". They look pretty much like the 18" but you can get your hand through the spokes to clean the inside of your wheel which you cant do with the style 5's (or 2's unless you have really small hands). 19" tyre prices are not too bad either - 20's are horrific price wise.
Look at Griff449's posts on his mods, and you'll see just how great style 5 Wheels are (IMHO). Not that bad to keep clean with the right brushes.
[Image: IMG_9028.jpg]
I kept the standard wheels on my Pure, they are a bit awkward to clean but not too bad!
To my untrained eye styles 2 and 4 look really similar. Style 5 I'm afraid I don't like (personal taste!) so it comes down to the zero cost 2's or the bloody expensive 6's!!
Style 2 and 4 are a world apart if you see them in the metal.

Another option to consider is to buy a set of Style 4s on ebay and sell the style 2's - should only cost you about half the cost of the LR upgrade.
or you could contact Overfinch, forum sponsors for a set of the style 6 they are selling in the for sale section - wheels AND tyres for only £900
I went with style 4 on mine, because they are a simple but stylish design and easy to keep clean. Personally I think they complement the simplicity of the pure perfectly.
Reference URL's