babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Collected yesterday some comments and questions!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Finally after a 6 month wait collected the Evoque yesterday. Thanks to everybody on here for helping me fill the gap with some interesting banter and information!
Firstly comments :
After driving over a broad mix of roads yesterday to all the doubters I can now state with confidence that this is a proper Range Rover and worthy of the badge, in fact in one key area IMO it betters Even the FFRR and RRS and that is the ride/handling combo. I've owned and driven X5 and X6, 3, 5, 6 and 7 series BMW's a broad range of Audi's including the Q's, A6 and A8 and just traded a V8 S5 for the Evoque. None of these cars offered such a well judged compromise between waft and cornering ability it really is gobsmacking!
I also had some trepidation switching from a big V8 to a piddley diesel and again have to say I am pleasantly surprised since the performance is more than adequate and at times it's outright quick.
Negatives:
The rear pillars on my painted roof seem to be plastic not metal and seem to scratch very easily.
The alloys are going to be a real pain to clean and expensive to repair but they do look stunning with OG paint.
The satnav is painfully unresponsive when inputting destination but that's After the Audi the best going IMO.
That's it!
One question (and I am sure this has been answered before) when the terrain response is left in normal and dynamic mode switched off am I still getting the benefit of the magneride flattening out the bumps or does the suspension revert to a passive system?
Final note, I've seen Stratstones come in for a lot of stick on here but I have to say the handover and condition of the car was faultless and professional and all my questions were answered with confidence and I had lots as I am a bit of a geek!
Magnaride is active all the time, it just has a different 'programme' when in dynamic mode.
(09-09-2012 11:33am)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Magnaride is active all the time, it just has a different 'programme' when in dynamic mode.

Wow quick response, cheers cjfp!
(09-09-2012 11:32am)stiggy Wrote: [ -> ]Finally after a 6 month wait collected the Evoque yesterday. Thanks to everybody on here for helping me fill the gap with some interesting banter and information!
Firstly comments :
After driving over a broad mix of roads yesterday to all the doubters I can now state with confidence that this is a proper Range Rover and worthy of the badge, in fact in one key area IMO it betters Even the FFRR and RRS and that is the ride/handling combo. I've owned and driven X5 and X6, 3, 5, 6 and 7 series BMW's a broad range of Audi's including the Q's, A6 and A8 and just traded a V8 S5 for the Evoque. None of these cars offered such a well judged compromise between waft and cornering ability it really is gobsmacking!
I also had some trepidation switching from a big V8 to a piddley diesel and again have to say I am pleasantly surprised since the performance is more than adequate and at times it's outright quick.
Negatives:
The rear pillars on my painted roof seem to be plastic not metal and seem to scratch very easily.
The alloys are going to be a real pain to clean and expensive to repair but they do look stunning with OG paint.
The satnav is painfully unresponsive when inputting destination but that's After the Audi the best going IMO.
That's it!
One question (and I am sure this has been answered before) when the terrain response is left in normal and dynamic mode switched off am I still getting the benefit of the magneride flattening out the bumps or does the suspension revert to a passive system?
Final note, I've seen Stratstones come in for a lot of stick on here but I have to say the handover and condition of the car was faultless and professional and all my questions were answered with confidence and I had lots as I am a bit of a geek!

Congrats mate... Just 1 word - ENVY!!
(09-09-2012 11:32am)stiggy Wrote: [ -> ]Finally after a 6 month wait collected the Evoque yesterday. Thanks to everybody on here for helping me fill the gap with some interesting banter and information!
Firstly comments :
Negatives:
That's it!

Welcome stiggy.

The diesel engine is well matched to the car, so you should have no issues power wise.

The A&C pillars use a very soft plastic, use non abrasive car wash with wash mitt and dry with microfibre towels.
Can the pillars be painted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No but you could wrap them
Thanks all.
I am a bit disappointed to learn that a fairly large and visible part of my 40k car is unpainted plastic but I guess it saves weight!
The more I drive it the more I love it.!!
There are even bigger and more visible bits of it that are plastic - that trim is about the smallest item!
(09-09-2012 09:48pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]There are even bigger and more visible bits of it that are plastic - that trim is about the smallest item!

Apart from the obvious skirts, trims, grilles and louvres what else is UNPAINTED plastic i.e is the roof around the glass? Would just like to know as if it all scratches that easily I'm going to have to be careful!

I don't want to start of on a negative because I really love this car but the standard of the trim is some places is more in keeping with a 20K Mondeo than a 40K premium brand.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's