babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Questions about Sports and Dynamic Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sooo finally getting to pick up my new evoque this thursday!! getting the fuji white with black and red seats. full options.

SD 4 Dynamic Diesel Engine.

Just a few quick questions:

I will be using my evoque to drive long distances, around 100km each day, mostly on the highway. what gear would you recommend? D or S. and which type of program? General or Dynamic.

Can someone detail me their experience with the Dynamic program on the Sports Gear? Fuel consumption, speed, acceleration etc.

Would like to get a comparison between the 4 styles: Gear D with General Program, D with Dynamic, S with General and S with Dynamic.

Cheers!
Long distances on highway: General + D

S + Dynamic Mode = just for fun. Especially if you use the paddle shifters which in my opinion you should since the auto gearbox in S goes too high in RPM for my liking.
Today I've driven 350 miles on UK motorways in my Dynamic coupe with a roofbox on the top, used the D + Dynamic mode on the TR plus the paddles if I wanted to change gear, on a long drive S and manual shifting all the time seems a bit pointless but on the twisties and back road I love to use S and the paddle shifters. The paddles are also useful for controlling the gearbox off road. Since the car was serviced last week I cannot now tell any difference in the suspension
on the motorway although it is very controlled it isn't at all harsh and the car has never been floaty or rolly anyway, but I do notice the steering firms up a bit.
Ah okay, how about the speed and fuel consumption differences between S and D gear? In my brother's BMW series 5, there was a big big difference between S and D in fuel consumption with Sports mode eating up a lot more. Also , there was quite a big increase in acceleration speed when in Sports mode.
Not a lot, in fact some members were reporting better mpg in S and manual gear shifting using the paddles. In S the gearbox holds on to the gear to higher revs and will automatically change up only if you pull a paddle or get up near the rev limiter. IIRC S also locks out 6th gear if you leave it in manual shift mode, until you manually select it.
Reference URL's