babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Shell Fuel vs Supermarket Fuel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have always used shell (my previous car ran so much smoother on it, for some reason)
I hav a Texaco at the end of my road, and the shell is about 1/2 mile further away, so not too bad.

I have tried V-Power, and didnt think it was that much different in performance and mpg to justify the extra 8p per litre!

I am sure that I read somewhere that the main differences between supermarket and branded is that the supermarket is cheaper due to them not putting the additives in which help the engine run cleaner and more efficiently, and last longer!

Performance and mpg wise, not upposed to be much difference.

Although, I may be wrong Smile
I've done some work at Shell Stanlow and regularly see the supermarket delivery tankers (Asda and Morrisons certainly) being loaded from the same feeds as Shell's own tankers.

I don't think there is any difference.

Cheers

Mark H
(06-09-2012 09:32am)Zesty314 Wrote: [ -> ]I've done some work at Shell Stanlow and regularly see the supermarket delivery tankers (Asda and Morrisons certainly) being loaded from the same feeds as Shell's own tankers.

I don't think there is any difference.

Cheers

Mark H

Depends where the supermarkets get the cheapest deal from - sometimes UK refinery, sometimes brought in from god knows where and blended in the thames estuary - personally I dont use supermarket fuels in this area because likelihood is fuel is not sourced from UK refinery...
the only difference i would see is it has addiitives to clean the internals. This is a good thing if the engine is direct injected as over time it would just crud up(carbon build up) the engine. I mean you can seafoam the engine every so many intervals and end up the same results and probably save a bit.
I've only ever filled the Evoque on supermarket fuels so don't have anything to compare it with. I pretty much always filled with V-Power on the higher performance petrol brand cars i've had not so with this.

Maybe i'm alone in thinking this car doesn't need or warrant this type of fuel..?
With direct injection engine it does such as a 2.0L ecoboost; top tier gas is needed in order to prevent acculmulation of sludge. google direct injection carbon build up.
Just a quick note to all you Shell fuellers, Waitrose currently have a 5p off per litre deal going on if you spend I think £50 on your shopping.
(07-09-2012 11:30pm)exigejoe Wrote: [ -> ]With direct injection engine it does such as a 2.0L ecoboost; top tier gas is needed in order to prevent acculmulation of sludge. google direct injection carbon build up.

So are you saying that because the diesel engine in my car is direct injection i should be using the higher grade fuels..?

I've seen through my own personal experiences good benefits of using better fuelling with higher performance petrol cars but a Land Rover/Range Rover i find a little hard to swallow. Maybe you’re correct and i don't know enough, that's fair but I’m a one who will not pay up to 10p per litre for the 'good stuff'. I don't remember my owner manual specifically recommending it like it did with other cars I’ve owned.

Hey ho, maybe I’ll be proved wrong in 3 years time ...
(08-09-2012 04:25pm)FujiSan Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick note to all you Shell fuellers, Waitrose currently have a 5p off per litre deal going on if you spend I think £50 on your shopping.

You have a Waitrose and one with a filling station! Rickmansworth is even more posh than I thought Laughing
Teebay Services is also doing an offer for anybody heading into the Lake District - spend £30 in their on site farm shop and get 10p a litre off - today though their price was £1.479ppl compared to the Shell just off the M6 at J34 which was charging £1.419 with no discount on shopping, but Shell driver's club points.
I have found make/ supply has made no difference in my Evqoue, but both the TDV8 RRS and the TDv8 FFRR I owned ran smoother and with better fuel economy on Shell Regular Diesel than on supermarket fuel
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's