babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Creaking on doors.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Does anyone have a problem with their new Evoques having creaking in their doors? Mine is on the driver's side. It's like plastic or stuff which has been tighten too tight. It's more apparent when I am driving up carpark slopes.
I have the same issue and heard a creaking noise making left hand turns in carparks! I haven't located the source yet. I initiatly thought it might be the glass in the pano roof but I've tested the roof and it's quite solid an stable.
I'll be visiting the agent shortly so I'll find out.
No creaking on mine, and that is with 13,000 km
Just an update.

So I got the problem resolved. It's the result of dry rubber seals round the whole door. They applied a lubricant (though they were clear that WD 40 should not be used as it is corrosive) and all door seals and now it's quiet as can be.

I have asked my Service consultant to get me the name of the brand of lubricant they are using so I could do it myself next time. Smile
Interesting! Look forward to hear the tip.

The guy who built my house once said to use silicone gel and rub it on window seals every fall (autumn) to protect from hardening and cracking. Don't know if it's safe for car door seals as well?

Also I think it's true for engine belts as as well. We have this product called belt dressing, prevents cracking and retain softness. Might be a similar kind of product will help.

Mine has just developed that fault !!

I have a couple of issues, so may contact the dealer for some fixes (too early for servicing)
My car is at the dealers for the next few days to fix a big rattle in the tailgate (they have to remove the tailgate from the vehicle ) and the creaking noise coming from the back somewhere - could it be the door seal problem?
Using WD40 is also a waste of time as it evaporates after a while and you are back at square one again
Reference URL's