babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Spluttering??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone else experienced any slight spluttering at lower revs when cold? It seems to occur when on lower revs when on light throttle. I also think the MPG is dropping slightly only by 1 mpg or so.

The only thing that I have done is put 300ml of oil in, and I used the Castrol SLX C1 which I got from the dealers, I am pretty sure that I haven't over filled it, Its done 5,250 miles and I put the oil in about 5,000 miles.

Anyone else had the same or any ideas or is it just my imaginationQuestion
It's pretty easy to see if you have put too much oil in so you can rule that out without a visit to the dealership.............
(25-08-2012 05:52pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]It's pretty easy to see if you have put too much oil in so you can rule that out without a visit to the dealership.............

I am pretty sure it isn't over filled although the dipstick isnt very good and difficult to read! I can't for one minute believe that a quarter of a litre would over fill it especially as it had done 5000 miles.

But would over filling make the engine splutter?
Doubt it Macs, you would just burn the oil and with the DPF there would be no sign of it at the tailpipe. I agree that 1/4ltr would not over fill it at 5000 miles, you shouldn't see any consumption from now on in unless you realy hammer the motor. Mine used about that much in the first 3000 miles and since then it has stayed at about 3/4 of the dipstick and is rapidly approaching 10000 miles and its first service
(25-08-2012 06:43pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Doubt it Macs, you would just burn the oil and with the DPF there would be no sign of it at the tailpipe. I agree that 1/4ltr would not over fill it at 5000 miles, you shouldn't see any consumption from now on in unless you realy hammer the motor. Mine used about that much in the first 3000 miles and since then it has stayed at about 3/4 of the dipstick and is rapidly approaching 10000 miles and its first service

Yeah agree, when I checked the dipstick it looked like it was either just on or a smidge under after I topped up.

I just think the MPG has dropped a little we are getting around 32-34 but we do do a lot of shortish trips but saying that on a decent run we rarely get above 35 but we do get a lick on!

Are you still enjoying yours Tim?
Yes Macs, it still makes me smile when I drive it. It's 11months old now, 9500 miles up and averaging 35ish mpg overall, but not improving which is a huge disappointment after the claims by LR, but that's the only disappointment.
It's off on a road trip tomorrow - Stirling to The Lake District, overnight stop there and then on to Southampton on Monday for 10 days in the SE and its first service at LPR. I've also asked them to supply and fit front and rear mudflaps in an attempt to reduce the amount of tar that it seems to collect on the doors and rear bumper. I haven't regretted the big change down from the FFRR as I don't need the huge capacity of the FFRR these days. The only drawback so far is I haven't been able to get my mountain bike on the back yet, but that's more down to lack of trying to find a suitable rack (I believe the towball fitted racks cannot be fitted to the removable towbal set-up) than anything else and I don't want to put a 17" frame bike covered in dirt inside the car !
(25-08-2012 09:27pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Macs, it still makes me smile when I drive it. It's 11months old now, 9500 miles up and averaging 35ish mpg overall, but not improving which is a huge disappointment after the claims by LR, but that's the only disappointment.
It's off on a road trip tomorrow - Stirling to The Lake District, overnight stop there and then on to Southampton on Monday for 10 days in the SE and its first service at LPR. I've also asked them to supply and fit front and rear mudflaps in an attempt to reduce the amount of tar that it seems to collect on the doors and rear bumper. I haven't regretted the big change down from the FFRR as I don't need the huge capacity of the FFRR these days. The only drawback so far is I haven't been able to get my mountain bike on the back yet, but that's more down to lack of trying to find a suitable rack (I believe the towball fitted racks cannot be fitted to the removable towbal set-up) than anything else and I don't want to put a 17" frame bike covered in dirt inside the car !

Good stuff, we still love ours, would like a bit more poke and a little more boot space, but it's not a problem. It still turns heads and it's not a bad drive at all. It's great inside and does whatever we need it to, looking forward to a bit of snow!!
(25-08-2012 09:27pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Macs, it still makes me smile when I drive it. It's 11months old now, 9500 miles up and averaging 35ish mpg overall, but not improving which is a huge disappointment after the claims by LR, but that's the only disappointment.

Tim, I was just doing my usual Sunday morning watching Drive It from DW TV. It would be a couple of weeks old given we are on the other side of the world, but they tested 3 bike racks. It appears the clutch bike rack was tested on a Merc with a removable towbar (could be wrong as we don't have them over here). 500 euros, looked chunky but was easy to use

http://www.dw.de/dw/episode/9799/0,,16112190,00.html
Thanks Barney, but I cannot get the link to work - I'll try Googling it
Fixed up the link Tim Smile
Reference URL's