babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Question about a certain specification and what's included
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I am looking at getting a 5dr evoque ed4 pure with tech pack as this is on my company car list.

I have a few questions that I hope you experienced evoque drivers may be able to help with:-

1. Will this spec come with all the cameras as it comes with the sat nav as part of the tech pack?

2. Will it have reverse parking aid? If so is this a camera or just beeping system?

3. Will it have electric adjustable seats?

4. Will it have the metal pedals (accelerator, brake etc)

5. I have an iPhone. Will I be able to play my music over bluetooth or do I have to connect via a cable?

6. What is a real world MPG from the ed4?

7. I'm test driving a fully spec sd4. It has some LEDs on the wing mirror glass that I can't work out what this is for, any ideas?

8. Will it have the electric powered boot?

9. Is the tech pack worth it as its mainly sat nav? Would I be better to get some larger alloys? Or privacy glass?

10. Will it come with full leather?

Hope you can answer some or all of the questions....

Thanks
Mark
Hope this helps. Smile

1. No
2. Yes
3. No
4. No
5. Yes
6. Don't know
7. Indicators
8. No
9. Yes for the tech pack. For me a set of 20" wheels made the car.
10. Yes
3 yes ? (my SD4 seats are both electric and thought it std on pure ?!)
7 blind spot detector? (as he says 'on glass')
9 tech pack does not give diff wheels or tinted
(21-08-2012 09:13pm)doug Wrote: [ -> ]Hope this helps. Smile

1. No
2. Yes
3. No
4. No
5. Yes
6. Don't know
7. Indicators
8. No
9. Yes for the tech pack. For me a set of 20" wheels made the car.
10. Yes

Thanks for prompt reply

2. Does the parking aid have a camera?

7. Im sure it's not the indicators as the led light comes on when I am not indicating, sometimes when stationary. I've not used it enough to find the pattern as only got it tonight for a night..

9. So you are saying get the tech pack and some 20" alloys?
2 - no, just sensors, you need to add reverse camera
Have you looked at the detail on the LR 'explore' page and the configuration as there is a lot of info there that would answer a lot of your questions
(21-08-2012 09:24pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]3 yes ? (my SD4 seats are both electric and thought it std on pure ?!)
7 blind spot detector? (as he says 'on glass')
9 tech pack does not give diff wheels or tinted

3. Not on a 5dr. It's only electric for up/down movement.

7. My mistake, I didn't spot the question was about the glass
Can someone explain how the blind spot monitoring works please?

I must admit that I felt where the wing mirrors were really limited my view at junctions or roundabouts.

Is it standard on all evoques?
Doug - apols, missed the 5dr bit (still not really sure why the difference !!)

Blind spot monitors cars coming past 'in the blind spot' and lights the led you refer to. Std - no.
Welcome to the forum Mark
If you follow this link you get the online owners manual, on page 53 there is an explanation
http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/...&id=168045
I have it on my Evoque and it gets totally confused on country roads with overhanging hedges and branches but works well on main roads/ motorways although with the big wing mirrors it isn't essential.

The SD4 you are testing should have the satnav, the same one would come as part of the tech pack - if you think it is any good then go for it but you would have more updatablity and save money by using a TomTom or similar that can also do speedcam warnings and be updated online - the RRE version cannot be updated without a trip to a dealer or buying an expensive update DvD.
I have the tech pack on mine but after 2 weeks in the Lake District am exasperated with the Nav. Great for long trips but despite checking all my settings it refused to use the majority of B roads and lanes and kept forcing me onto A roads. Still better than my last FL2 that kept trying to send me the wrong way down one way steets. Save the money, get some 20" wheels and a TomTom (other brands are available!).

After about a month I have stopped using the rear camera as I am used to the car, now only really use it for very tight parking spaces or for hooking up my caravan (has guide lines for perfect hitching). IMHO the panoramic roof is a waste of time as ours has been closed by the blind since May due to it being too hot (think sitting in Greenhouse) but is nice for dull winter days. Memory seats were a must for us as the cars regularly changes between me and my wife (but sadly the car isn't as smart as a BMW and changes seats to your setting as you unlock the car with your key and there is no memory for the steering wheel).

Much has been written on the forum about fuel economy. It seems 35 for an auto, 38 ish for a manual and 42 ish for a 2wd are par for the course. We get 36 with gentle driving day to day (38 on my last FL2 TD4 man). Personally I think its the partical filter (DPF) that kills the economy.

Else wouldn't change a thing. I would also add that the 20" wheels are hard but perfectly OK on UK roads, and better than our SLK on "comfort suspension" and 17" wheels.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's