babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Gone back to the RRS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well after eleven months of the RRE, I have now just signed for a RRS again (number 6).

I changed from the RRS to the RRE because I needed the increase in MPG and the cheaper tax. The MPG has never materialised and for the extra 7 miles to the gallon I get, I think I lost too much from the RRS. Much as I like the RRE the main niggles was the MPG or lack of it, and the atrocious SatNav.

The loss of comfort, the loss of a boat that holds anything meaningful, the loss of a good SatNav and the loss of towing capacity, does not, for me, justify 7 extra miles. I am sad though. I think the RRE is a stunning looking car and there is much I like about it. I love the DRLs and will miss that on the RRS. I will miss the BSM system also.

I have found this forum really friendly, useful and helpful and had a great meet at Halewood.

I hope that you all continue to enjoy your cars and look forward to the changes LR will make to the car on due time which may well tempt me back.
Good luck with the new RRS Smile
Sorry to hear your going back to a RRS, but as it's your 6th one I'm sure you know what you want. Your point on the MPG makes sence if this was one of the main reasons for owning a Evoque.

You still stand as the only member to carry chickens in there boot Very Happy

I wish you all the best with your new car
I'd find the VED the hardest thing to swallow going back to an RRS
(17-08-2012 06:12pm)defender_uk Wrote: [ -> ]Well after eleven months of the RRE, I have now just signed for a RRS again (number 6).

I changed from the RRS to the RRE because I needed the increase in MPG and the cheaper tax. The MPG has never materialised and for the extra 7 miles to the gallon I get, I think I lost too much from the RRS. Much as I like the RRE the main niggles was the MPG or lack of it, and the atrocious SatNav.

The loss of comfort, the loss of a boat that holds anything meaningful, the loss of a good SatNav and the loss of towing capacity, does not, for me, justify 7 extra miles. I am sad though. I think the RRE is a stunning looking car and there is much I like about it. I love the DRLs and will miss that on the RRS. I will miss the BSM system also.

I have found this forum really friendly, useful and helpful and had a great meet at Halewood.

I hope that you all continue to enjoy your cars and look forward to the changes LR will make to the car on due time which may well tempt me back.

In comparison to the five year old RRS I have just sold to go to the RRE then I think the RRS sat nav is worse than
atrocious.
Sorry to see you go Defender, but I can appreciate your reasons for returning - if LR were to put the TDv8 back into the RRS I would be back in one tomorrow too, as much as i love my Evoque, the smoothness and instant pick-up of the V8 diesel is sorely missed and with mine I was getting only 4mpg less than I get in the Evqoue even though the VED was £400+ pa, it was worth it.
Sorry a bit off topic

I had a strange call from my salesman tonight explaining that there are selling demo evoques with 3000+ on the clock for the price of new ones. He asked if there is anything I would have liked on my current RRE but chose not to go with to keep costs down, if so would I be interested in ordering a new car for 2013 delivery. Trouble is there is a few things I would now spec on my car. The best bit is it may be cheaper due to interest rate changes with LR finance.................................. Decisions, decisions.
(17-08-2012 08:04pm)NightFox Wrote: [ -> ]I'd find the VED the hardest thing to swallow going back to an RRS

that is the hardest thing to swallow!!

(17-08-2012 08:08pm)Kentboy Wrote: [ -> ]In comparison to the five year old RRS I have just sold to go to the RRE then I think the RRS sat nav is worse than
atrocious.

the later satnave as in the MY10 onwards is far better and miles ahead of the RRE. shame....
I want to know what the best routes are, not what produces the least CO2!1 I also want to know why it is sending me on a goose chase. In the RRS you can interogate the systems and see why it is, if there is traffic problem on the proper route...you can't do this in the RRE. very poor.
All the best with the new RRS.
It was a pleasure meting up with you at York, we had a good afternoon.
Will be interesting to see what they offer you for the Evoque against the new vehicle.
(19-08-2012 04:13pm)mickydd Wrote: [ -> ]All the best with the new RRS.
It was a pleasure meting up with you at York, we had a good afternoon.
Will be interesting to see what they offer you for the Evoque against the new vehicle.

Hi Mick

Yes it was good. Really enjoyed that day and our dinner together. Not a brand new RRS...12 months old. Can't afford new.

They have given me the rpice I paid for it against the RRS. So quite happy with that, especially as the original dealer offered a drop of £4000.

Hope you are still enjoying yours?
And may well return to the RRE when they upgrade the model.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's