babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Td4 oil use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just checked the oil on my td4 which has done 3300 miles and it appears its getting a bit low, but still within the dip stick marks. Anyone else noticed theres is using a bit of oil?

Also what top up oil will i need>
Mine needed topping up 2 weeks after collecting the car. Dealer did it for free. the next couple of thousand miles after that I ended up putting in about 1 litre. since than the level has not dropped. I have now covered about 6000 miles
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I gather lots of modern engines have a high amount of carbon in the engine block, which 'soaks up' oil when its new so it's normal to have to top up your oil over the first few thousand miles. Something like that anyway!
(16-08-2012 01:07pm)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]Just checked the oil on my td4 which has done 3300 miles and it appears its getting a bit low, but still within the dip stick marks. Anyone else noticed theres is using a bit of oil?

Also what top up oil will i need>

Top Up Oil
Nightfox is correct and it is mentioned in the owners' manual. The two dealerships I have used for buying modern Range Rovers have both warned me about higher than normal oil consumption in the first 6 months/ 5000 miles.
Mine used about 1/4 of a dipstick in the first 3-4 months and then hasn't moved at all
My car used 1 ltr in the first 2000 miles then nothing in the next 2000

I keep checking regular
9800 miles in the first 4 months and no oil required.
That said it has been at the dealership twice for some minor bits so maybe they kindly did it for me?
Over the first 5000 miles I have had to top up with 1 litre of oil ( TD4 as well) . Always keep a spare top up bottle in garage so its there when I check , about every 2 or 3 weeks.
1 litre in the first 2000 miles, 1/2 litre at 5000 miles, no more so far.
Mines still at top of dipstick mark, with no top up since i received it Feb. Done about 3000 miles
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's