babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: PRODUCTION DELAY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. I am new member here.
I completed my deal on July 31 2012 and I had no choice of interior color or spec.
I did not wanted to wait so I picked whatever its on the way.
I picked pure fuji white 5drs with almond interior with premium package.(from canada)
I had to pay extra $450 for satellite radio since its already built in system.( I did not want this tho).
I expected to get my vehicle by first week of Aug, but after couple weeks later dealer told me its been
delayed until sept 04. He said its production delay. At this point, I am not even sure it will arrive on Sept 04.(my dealer couldnt provide me clear answer)

Does anyone knows if this makes sense?
If its production delay, is that mean its not even built yet? then can I make some changes on my order?
(15-08-2012 04:54pm)yukky12 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I am new member here.
I completed my deal on July 31 2012 and I had no choice of interior color or spec.
I did not wanted to wait so I picked whatever its on the way.
I picked pure fuji white 5drs with almond interior with premium package.(from canada)
I had to pay extra $450 for satellite radio since its already built in system.( I did not want this tho).
I expected to get my vehicle by first week of Aug, but after couple weeks later dealer told me its been
delayed until sept 04. He said its production delay. At this point, I am not even sure it will arrive on Sept 04.(my dealer couldnt provide me clear answer)

Does anyone knows if this makes sense?
If its production delay, is that mean its not even built yet? then can I make some changes on my order?

Something doesn't sound right in what your dealers telling you. I'm not sure how long cars take to get from the factory to Toronto, but if your dealer's tellng you it'll be there by 4th September, then I'd be pretty sure that it'll be past the point of any changes, if it's not built already. However, this far into production your dealer should be able to provide you with the vehicle's VIN which you can then check for yourself on the TOPIx website.
(15-08-2012 05:09pm)NightFox Wrote: [ -> ]Something doesn't sound right in what your dealers telling you. I'm not sure how long cars take to get from the factory to Toronto, but if your dealer's tellng you it'll be there by 4th September, then I'd be pretty sure that it'll be past the point of any changes, if it's not built already. However, this far into production your dealer should be able to provide you with the vehicle's VIN which you can then check for yourself on the TOPIx website.

Thanks for reply.

I asked him fro VIN and he said he does not have it.
Even its not completely built, can we still get VIN?
(15-08-2012 05:19pm)yukky12 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for reply.

I asked him fro VIN and he said he does not have it.
Even its not completely built, can we still get VIN?

We ordered ours in North America at the beginning of June and it took 60-90 days to get here. We just got it 4 days ago. No mention of production delays. There is NO WAY it is delayed until 2014.. That makes absolutely zero sense. Get your money back and go elsewhere.
The only way you will be getting the car so soon is if they have it already built waiting to be shipped or en-route in the ship from Southampton or they have it in their compound at the dealership - somebody is telling you fibs!

As Katscan says find another dealer and get exactly the car you want, not one a dealer wants you to have.
(15-08-2012 05:32pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]The only way you will be getting the car so soon is if they have it already built waiting to be shipped or en-route in the ship from Southampton or they have it in their compound at the dealership - somebody is telling you fibs!

As Katscan says find another dealer and get exactly the car you want, not one a dealer wants you to have.

I have requested to my dealer for more details of shipping date and other etc.
He said he might have to contact headquarter to get the details.
After all the things I've been through, I kind of doubt that if this vehicle even exist.
Well hopefully I can get decent answer from this guy.

Thanks ppl
i placed my order 2 weeks ago here in Toronto...and my dealer clearly mentioned the delivery is for October (within 90 days)..no gimmicks...apparently once the car is manufactured in the UK, it gets shipped to D.C by boat, and then it comes by road to Toronto...So i don't know how ur dealer said 1 week delivery for a custom car lol
Only known delay is the halewood factory shut down July 29 to August 12 for a summer holiday break. Give or take a day or two each side of those dates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(18-08-2012 05:23am)Shazzz Wrote: [ -> ]i placed my order 2 weeks ago here in Toronto...and my dealer clearly mentioned the delivery is for October (within 90 days)..no gimmicks...apparently once the car is manufactured in the UK, it gets shipped to D.C by boat, and then it comes by road to Toronto...So i don't know how ur dealer said 1 week delivery for a custom car lol

I finally got the order report from dealer and current planned delivery date is Oct 01/12.
Report indicated that current Planned build date is Aug 17/12 and Factory complete date is aug 28/12.
Common status point also indicated that order being built. Is that means its already built?
There are so many dates on this reports and I kind of confused on this.
Which dealer did you go to? why don't you ask him for your order report.
I liked to compare it with mine.
It looks like we are in similar order date.
Anyways, I hope there won't be any changes on these dates.
I orderd early July and got an estimated delivery date late December early January that's a waiting time of 180 daysSad. Something seems to be wrong here too.Evil
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's