babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Mauritius Blue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If anybody in Central Scotland is considering Mauritius but not sure if it is the colour for them, then Morrison's Land Rover at Whinns of Milton (just off J9 of the M9) / Bannockburn has a demo car in the colour sat on their forecourt. They also have a Colima Lime in the showroom. I wish they would also get a Havana in for me to see!
I've also just found out that the LR dealer in Reading also has a Mauritius Blue Pure in their showroom, which is great for me as I'm down in Reading next week and I need to finalise my colour choice very, very soon!

Think there's also one at the dealer's in Ripon if that suits anyone better.
Mauritius blue is a nice colour, only seen it once in the flesh. If I was ordering now that's what I would go for, wasn't available to order when I ordered mine unfortunately.
Everyone seems to say it's a colour you have to see in the flesh - I've compiled loads of pictures of Mauritius Blues off the Internet to try to help me decide, but sometimes these make it look stunning and rich, other times it looks a bit "weak" in the photos so I'm really looking forward to seeing one for real next week. Only trouble is if I don't go for it, I'm not sure what second choice is? Maybe Baltic Blue but again I've never seen one.

I really wish LR would add a few more adventurous colours to the options!
Mauritius blue is simply gorgeous - if you like blue that is. As I have written before it is a sunlight inspired colour, on a dull, overcast day it takes on a pastel, soapy shade - but under sunlight there are visible flecks of pink/purple that just glisten.
If you come to the Gaydon meet, you'll see mine (with Cirrus interior)!
(14-08-2012 01:08pm)Straydox Wrote: [ -> ]Mauritius blue is simply gorgeous - if you like blue that is. As I have written before it is a sunlight inspired colour, on a dull, overcast day it takes on a pastel, soapy shade - but under sunlight there are visible flecks of pink/purple that just glisten.

Yep, it's been your descriptions and pics that have helped me 'keep the faith' so far when I've been tempted to change my mind...
They had a Mauritius at Armstrong Massey in York a couple of weeks ago, which might still be there. Not as nice as mine though Wink
...I mean look at the difference between the colour in Straydox and peet's avatar pictures above - definately one you need to see in the flesh!
(14-08-2012 11:40am)NightFox Wrote: [ -> ]I've also just found out that the LR dealer in Reading also has a Mauritius Blue Pure in their showroom, which is great for me as I'm down in Reading next week and I need to finalise my colour choice very, very soon!

Think there's also one at the dealer's in Ripon if that suits anyone better.

I can recommend them too as that is where my Mauritius Blue came from Very Happy. Mauritius looks fab but does seem to show the dirt so I'm going to have start washing it Surprised. Having said that, I still think it is the nicest colour and wouldn't change Very Happy
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's