babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Condensation in rear light/Smart Key problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi EVoquers,
Anyone experiencing condensation in either of rear lights?
Noticed today as washing car that the near side light was fogged?
Guess another trip to the Dealers.
Also, had car keys re-coded twice and has just happened again - shows Smart key not recognised and has occurred numerous times with both keys
Awaiting answers from CS as doesn't seem to be software upgrade to bottom problem according to Dealer
Sad
Bye
Mike
Mike, there is a note in the handbook about condensation in the light clusters - the dealer will refer you to it.
I've had the Smartkey not found warning - usually because I have either my phone or a bunch of keys in the same pocket as the transponder. Cure is usually to hold the fob under the steering column.
(13-08-2012 05:19pm)Mikey777 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi EVoquers,
Anyone experiencing condensation in either of rear lights?
Noticed today as washing car that the near side light was fogged?
Guess another trip to the Dealers.
Also, had car keys re-coded twice and has just happened again - shows Smart key not recognised and has occurred numerous times with both keys
Awaiting answers from CS as doesn't seem to be software upgrade to bottom problem according to Dealer
Sad
Bye
Mike

Condensation in lights (especially front ones) is common. It's not a problem, just the laws of phsyics with condensation forming when the inside of the light is significantly warmer than the outside (e.g. especially when washing the car with cold water!). It's no different than the way the car windows often mist up if you wash them with cold water when it's hot inside the car. It should clear after the temperatures equalises.

It tends to be worse on LRs than other cars as they use 'breathable' seals on the lights rather than cheaper plastic/rubber, which means there will be a natural amount of moisture in the air inside the light housing.
(13-08-2012 05:36pm)NightFox Wrote: [ -> ]Condensation in lights (especially front ones) is common. It's not a problem, just the laws of phsyics with condensation forming when the inside of the light is significantly warmer than the outside (e.g. especially when washing the car with cold water!). It's no different than the way the car windows often mist up if you wash them with cold water when it's hot inside the car. It should clear after the temperatures equalises.

It tends to be worse on LRs than other cars as they use 'breathable' seals on the lights rather than cheaper plastic/rubber, which means there will be a natural amount of moisture in the air inside the light housing.

Hi Guys,
Many thanks, hadn't seen manual book comments, but when had similar probs with an Evo they changed the lights! Must have been lucky
Also, thanks appreciate how to operate smart key thru cowel insert,Very HappyVery Happy but I have tried moving just the key on its own around the car with no improvement
Appreciate your advice
Regards,
Mike
Very Happy
The in-car transponder is located on the steering column cladding and that is the first place to try if you get the "cannot locate smart key" warning - your dealer should have known this before recoding the fob.
(13-08-2012 06:49pm)Mikey777 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys,
Many thanks, hadn't seen manual book comments, but when had similar probs with an Evo they changed the lights! Must have been lucky
Also, thanks appreciate how to operate smart key thru cowel insert,Very HappyVery Happy but I have tried moving just the key on its own around the car with no improvement
Appreciate your advice
Regards,
Mike
Very Happy

I've had the same issue with the key too. Rectified by pressing loclkng unlocking button. This seems to work for me. I had the issue when I left the key in the small key slot in the centre console by the can holders.
(13-08-2012 07:07pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]The in-car transponder is located on the steering column cladding and that is the first place to try if you get the "cannot locate smart key" warning - your dealer should have known this before recoding the fob.

Hi,
I was told how to get out of trouble by putting the key under the cowel.However, as it was happening nearly every time I went out in the car I thought for this value vehicle surely it should work correctly.The dealer said they recoded as no other action known!Just getting fed up now as its the third time its happening frequently!!Mad
Yes defo something amiss for it to be happening so often
Here's a crosspost on the same moisture issue on another forum........
http://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/evoque...nside.html
I had my Evoque one week and had a issue with the Smart keys, couldn't get into the car at all. I called LR Assist who ended up sending the AA out, but I managed to get in using the manual key and rest the keys myself.

Had the car three weeks now and so far experienced:

- Issues with the Smart Keys
- Loose fitted trim on the rear passenger side
- Issue with the car losing the preset memory for seats and mirrors
- Intermittent fault messages with eco start/stop
- Someone scraped the rear passenger wheel arch

Apart from all that ... loving the car .. lol
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's