babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dual View Touch Screen / Rear Camera
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to the RRE website Configurator, I can't spec the dual view touch screen with the rear camera, but I'm sure when I had my first Evoque test drive the fully loaded demonstrator had both. Can anyone clarify please?
Just answered my own question by finding this thread: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dual-Screen-Questions

Looks like I would have to order the complete camera package, which doesn't even seem to be an option on the Pure Sad
I wanted the dual view but wasn't really interested in getting the full cemera system, alas, I had to get the full camera system otherwise no dual view.
The dual view touch screen requires the surround camera system, and the suround camera system includes the rear view camera.
(07-08-2012 06:18pm)smayo Wrote: [ -> ]The dual view touch screen requires the surround camera system, and the suround camera system includes the rear view camera.

An option too far for me (especially as I don't even seem to be able to spec that on a Pure). Call me cynical, but I do sometimes wonder how much of these 'dependent' options do really have a technical dependency on another option, and how many are just JLR's way of forcing you to add more options.

"DAB Radio Sir? You'll have to order the full size spare wheel with that"
(08-08-2012 09:41am)NightFox Wrote: [ -> ]An option too far for me (especially as I don't even seem to be able to spec that on a Pure). Call me cynical, but I do sometimes wonder how much of these 'dependent' options do really have a technical dependency on another option, and how many are just JLR's way of forcing you to add more options.

"DAB Radio Sir? You'll have to order the full size spare wheel with that" Laughing

I'm sure this isn't you being cynical...I'm sure it's the case. But let's not forget, LR are a business and they just want to make money, I personally don't blame them for that.

I have never used my dual view screen...love the concept but in over 14,000miles it's not seen the light of day. The cameras are a different story completely...I use the camera's most days and I love them...generally the reversing camera and the passenger side camera that shows the front wheel...it enables me to get right tucked up against a kerb to give maximum clearance on the drivers side without worrying about damaging the 20" alloys...over 14k miles and no damage to any alloy yet.
(08-08-2012 12:26pm)Token Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure this isn't you being cynical...I'm sure it's the case. But let's not forget, LR are a business and they just want to make money, I personally don't blame them for that.

I have never used my dual view screen...love the concept but in over 14,000miles it's not seen the light of day. The cameras are a different story completely...I use the camera's most days and I love them...generally the reversing camera and the passenger side camera that shows the front wheel...it enables me to get right tucked up against a kerb to give maximum clearance on the drivers side without worrying about damaging the 20" alloys...over 14k miles and no damage to any alloy yet.

I only use dual view when my wife is driving me home from the pub!Cool
Reference URL's