babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: rear TV screen MK1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Having spent hours searching the web for a TV head rest small enough to fit the strange shape of the Evoques front seats & not wanting to pay hundreads of pounds for a custom made head rest, as universal sets are under £200 I found this one @£75 (seach for arm rest DVD screen) it was worth a gamble untill i can come up with a monitor i can cut in to the RR head rests.
The unit is fixed with 3M tape attached on two arms too the arm rest so can be removed at any time.
I have wired it in to the head unit, so what ever DVD i'm playing in the front it mirrors the screen in the back. Pressing the front screen off button still lets my kids watch a film when driving.

My two kids love it Very Happy
[Image: reartvscreen001.jpg]
I love it! Great idea!!
(06-08-2012 10:07pm)Tulabb Wrote: [ -> ]I love it! Great idea!!

So will this still work while driving if you've got the front screen on anything other than AV (such as Sat Nav), or does it have to be turned off?
(07-08-2012 11:23am)NightFox Wrote: [ -> ]So will this still work while driving if you've got the front screen on anything other than AV (such as Sat Nav), or does it have to be turned off?

The front screen has to be set to "my TV". The sat nav still displays in the screen above the steering wheel.
The rear screen does have it's own DVD player with Wireless headphones if needed.

It works by mirroring the AV image off the front screen. So if your in Radio or Sat-Nav mode the rear screen goes blue. But not bad for under £100 Smile

If you have the dual-view front screen it should still display the picture that the passenger views (but this is untested advice).

The feed from the head unit could be used for head rest screens, which is my plan next year.
(07-08-2012 11:44am)doug Wrote: [ -> ]The front screen has to be set to "my TV". The sat nav still displays in the screen above the steering wheel.
The rear screen does have it's own DVD player with Wireless headphones if needed.

It works by mirroring the AV image off the front screen. So if your in Radio or Sat-Nav mode the rear screen goes blue. But not bad for under £100 Smile

If you have the dual-view front screen it should still display the picture that the passenger views (but this is untested advice).

The feed from the head unit could be used for head rest screens, which is my plan next year.

Am I right in understanding that you can only watch video on the front screen when the vehicle is stationary? If so, I assume that the video to the front screen stops playing if you move off - what happens to the screen in the back, does that continue to show the video?
(07-08-2012 11:59am)NightFox Wrote: [ -> ]Am I right in understanding that you can only watch video on the front screen when the vehicle is stationary? If so, I assume that the video to the front screen stops playing if you move off - what happens to the screen in the back, does that continue to show the video?

I have a "TV on the go" box from pete (a site sponsor) http://bellautoservices.co.uk/products/e...the-move/. You will get a discount as a site member. £99+VAT.

So yes the front screen (but I turn it off) & the rear can be viewed when moving.
(07-08-2012 12:14pm)doug Wrote: [ -> ]I have a "TV on the go" box from pete (a site sponsor) http://bellautoservices.co.uk/products/e...the-move/. You will get a discount as a site member. £99+VAT.

So yes the front screen (but I turn it off) & the rear can be viewed when moving.

Gotcha, thanks.
That is a great idea Thanks for your email
Great piece of kit ! Can this enable owners without the TV package to view DVDs if installed?
(15-08-2012 01:53pm)zambiaman Wrote: [ -> ]Great piece of kit ! Can this enable owners without the TV package to view DVDs if installed?

The "TV on the move" box by-passes the Cam signal which tells the head unit the vehicle is moving over 10MPH.That's it.
So if you can view a DVD or TV on your Evoque when parked, you will now be able to watch them when moving.

As for the Arm Rest DVD, it's a stand alone unit which can play DVD's with built in speakers & RF signal for wireless headphones. But you need the LR (it's made by Jaguar) head unit display which allows you to play DVD's for the AV output connection. To pair the the two units together.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's