babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Tailgate won't lock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sad Press the button and the tailgate tries to close then pops back up. There's nothing in the boot obstructing it. I've tried to close it manually but it's like the latch mechanism is stuck. So basically because the tailgate won't lock neither will the rest of the car. LR assistance say 2 hours. Crying
There have been others with a similar issue have you tried using the search function?
I had it with my own car on day one but even though nothing was apparrently obstructing the closing I had too many bags in the boot and the shelf was not sitting down properly, a small re-arrangement of the suitcases and it closed no problem. The small "wedges" along the edge of the shelf also seem to act as a limit switch to prevent damage to the shelf so it maybe that you have something that is a tiny bit too high in the boot
Yeah. Search was my first port of call. A page of compleatly unassociated postsRolling Eyes LR assist say its a broken catch (no shit sherlock). Going to the dealers tomorrow. LRA say they'll need it till wednesday.. Sad
(29-07-2012 09:46pm)Deaky Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah. Search was my first port of call. A page of compleatly unassociated postsRolling Eyes LR assist say its a broken catch (no shit sherlock). Going to the dealers tomorrow. LRA say they'll need it till wednesday.. Sad

Hope they've given you a nice loaner!
Anyone know the content of this from Topix?

SSM57657 - L538 RR Evoque Power tailgate software reflash
And here it is :-

Reference :-SSM57657

Models :-Range Rover Evoque

Title :-L538 RR Evoque Power tailgate software reflash

Category :-Body

Last modified :-21-Jun-2012 00:00:00

Symptom
108000 Ext. Trim/Accessories

Content
Issue:
Some 12MY RR Evoque vehicles may display faults where the powered tailgate will not close/open when activated via the switch on the tailgate. Other issues surrounding tailgate opening and closure may also be present.

Cause:
As-built RGTM software intolerant to signal variations from the tailgate position sensors.

Action:
For any issues as described on vehicles up to VIN H664943, dealers are to run a DTC clear and via SDD proceed to re-flash the RGTM module with the latest software level using the 'Existing RGTM' option. Part numbers below (or later) will apply:-

Strategy Part Number : BJ32-14C121-AE
Calibration Part Number : BJ32-14C122-AG

Proceed to then run the RGTM calibration routine from SDD to recover full functionality.

EPQRs are required for any vehicles where software re-flash and calibration does not resolve issues within the affected VIN range or for similar customer symptoms reported for VINs outside the affected range.
So glad I have one of the very first cars........................... I've had none of these teething problems other than the dire fuel economy and the wind rustle around the door seals!
Reference URL's