babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: what a joke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

On the 5/5/12 i ordered a RRE from our local dealer in Australia. one of the options we had selected was the tv.

this morning i received a phone call from our sales man, he told me that the car was in Australia and going through customs as we speak, naturally i got excited! He then proceeded to tell me that Land Rover Australia have just notified them that every RRE built in the same batch as ours, that had ordered the tv as an option. Has NOT had the tv included!

he gave me two options;

*order a new car and wait 4 months
or
*take the car minus the tv and take the price of the tv off the final price.

to me those options are not offering us any compensation at all.

has anyone got any ideas on which way i should go? or things i should ask/demand Land Rover Australia for?

thanks. bob
I would probably take 3k off the car for the cock up and be happy with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Take this car as a "loan" whilst you wait for the correctly ordered build...? That would seem fair to any consumer and a show of good faith by LR Aus...
+1
I believe TV can be added. In that case dealer should install this at no cost.

they have told me that the tv definately can not be added after the factory.

just checked the specs on topix and it has it listed on there.
British TV is rubbish so he's doing you a favour Rolling with Laughter
(29-07-2012 05:02am)bob_a_tron Wrote: [ -> ]just checked the specs on topix and it has it listed on there.
then get him to reduce the price, sign on the dotted line and hope it is included....it should be if its in topix as being included Wink
Agree had a tv in my Jaguar x-type biggest waste of money,you will never watch it.just get a ipad if you want to stop and watch tv somewhere at a fraction of the price.
As Barton said, an iPad would give you a cheaper option and provide a far better quality picture. I've got the TV in mine and I won't deny I like having it but it is rarely used, impossible to use on the move as it was intended due to signal issues and isn't HD. It is much like the SatNav - I like having it in the car but the quality of an aftermarket one at a fraction of the price is a lot better.

A truly sensible person might use an iPad and iPhone combo (or just iPad) for their multimedia/satnav needs and not bother with the factory kit. I guess if the screen quality was as good as the HD BMW one's with internet access it would be a much better proposition. I'm not sensible though and have those things + the factory kit for the convenience of them being built in. Laughing
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's