Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what a joke
bob_a_tron

what a joke

Hi all,

On the 5/5/12 i ordered a RRE from our local dealer in Australia. one of the options we had selected was the tv.

this morning i received a phone call from our sales man, he told me that the car was in Australia and going through customs as we speak, naturally i got excited! He then proceeded to tell me that Land Rover Australia have just notified them that every RRE built in the same batch as ours, that had ordered the tv as an option. Has NOT had the tv included!

he gave me two options;

*order a new car and wait 4 months
or
*take the car minus the tv and take the price of the tv off the final price.

to me those options are not offering us any compensation at all.

has anyone got any ideas on which way i should go? or things i should ask/demand Land Rover Australia for?

thanks. bob

Pure Sd4 fuji - almond interior, tech pack, clearview pack, Nav, rev camera, contrast pano roof, PCD, style 6's, tailgate, park assist, memory seats/mirrors, tv. ordered 5/5/12.
29-07-2012 03:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jai

what a joke

I would probably take 3k off the car for the cock up and be happy with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
29-07-2012 04:19am
QUEEVO

what a joke

Take this car as a "loan" whilst you wait for the correctly ordered build...? That would seem fair to any consumer and a show of good faith by LR Aus...

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
29-07-2012 04:21am
Neo

what a joke

+1

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
29-07-2012 04:23am
invoke

RE: what a joke

I believe TV can be added. In that case dealer should install this at no cost.

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
29-07-2012 04:52am
bob_a_tron

they have told me that the tv definately can not be added after the factory.

just checked the specs on topix and it has it listed on there.

Pure Sd4 fuji - almond interior, tech pack, clearview pack, Nav, rev camera, contrast pano roof, PCD, style 6's, tailgate, park assist, memory seats/mirrors, tv. ordered 5/5/12.
29-07-2012 05:02am
Kentboy

British TV is rubbish so he's doing you a favour Rolling with Laughter

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
29-07-2012 08:19am
RacingSnake

(29-07-2012 05:02am)bob_a_tron Wrote:  just checked the specs on topix and it has it listed on there.
then get him to reduce the price, sign on the dotted line and hope it is included....it should be if its in topix as being included Wink

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
29-07-2012 08:54am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barton Evoque

Agree had a tv in my Jaguar x-type biggest waste of money,you will never watch it.just get a ipad if you want to stop and watch tv somewhere at a fraction of the price.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
29-07-2012 08:55am
Coolbanana

As Barton said, an iPad would give you a cheaper option and provide a far better quality picture. I've got the TV in mine and I won't deny I like having it but it is rarely used, impossible to use on the move as it was intended due to signal issues and isn't HD. It is much like the SatNav - I like having it in the car but the quality of an aftermarket one at a fraction of the price is a lot better.

A truly sensible person might use an iPad and iPhone combo (or just iPad) for their multimedia/satnav needs and not bother with the factory kit. I guess if the screen quality was as good as the HD BMW one's with internet access it would be a much better proposition. I'm not sensible though and have those things + the factory kit for the convenience of them being built in. Laughing

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
29-07-2012 09:48am