babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 50mpg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just drove northWales to Bristol: averaged 50mpg almost exactly.
With two people, 35kg dog and suitcase (and pano).
Pleased with that. Trip A average mpg closing in on 43mpg after 1700 miles mainly city driving with 2 people and dog on board.
Have an eD4, so looking for further improvements but we're moving in right direction.
You must be the record holder.

No matter how hard i try I cannot get over 40.
I'm sure they've changed engine mapping recently, MattyW when did you take delivery?

Straydox is another member who has a 'later' car and is getting better economy
Took delivery on the 23rd June.

Seems to have a very 'sweet spot' between 45-60mph returning well above 50mpg with above or below that mph returning below 40mpg.

(28-07-2012 12:26pm)pureevoque Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure they've changed engine mapping recently, MattyW when did you take delivery?

Straydox is another member who has a 'later' car and is getting better economy
My SD4 is booked into have it's first service in September and the receptionist has already told me that it will get a lot of software upgrades. Mine was one of the first batch of customer builds so maybe I should not have them done and increase it's collectibility factor as an original, unmolested early production model!
I've got my first service on Tuesday next week and have been told a similar story.

Will let you all know as soon as Im back on the road again, 16000 miles since end of feb seems a bit mad.
Jeez Westy, are you running an airport taxi business with yours to rack the miles up lie that?
Isn't service interval 10000 miles?
No, 12 months or 15000 miles, whichever comes first, if it is like other Land Rovers it will tell you by showing a spanner icon on the info screen and a number, that is the days left to service required
I have my first service in two weeks having racked up 15,000 miles since March. (without a single problem I hasten to add). I'm looking forward to seeing what the updates do to economy, it's no big sweat but 33mpg is a little below my expectations.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's